County Hotel
$65
$87
$72
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$51
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$74
$61
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$95
$79
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Pool
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$99
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$92
$76
  • Breakfast included
The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$79
$76
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$94
$91
Agoda.com
1,184 results
All reviewsdirectly opposite the stationtrain stationcar parkstreet noiseexcellent locationcity centrebit datedstayed for one nightbuffet stylehotel barbars and restaurantsthistlenewcastleearplugsnightlifehairdryerarena
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here recently and was disappointed in the room.Very small.you would struggle to get two people in the double bed.
Limited on site parking which you have to pay £10/night for.
Directly opposite the Railway station so is very busy.
Staff very friendly and helpfull as I have found in almost very Hotel I have stayed in in the North east.
The Hotel really needs some money spent on it to bring it up to a decent standard.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay with us in Thistle Newcastle, The County.

As our hotel was built in the late 1800’s, our bedrooms are not as uniform as some of the new builds you find today. Our rooms do differ in size, making the best possible use of the space available. We do have a range of room types available, from cosy yet comfortable small double rooms to spacious and luxurious executive rooms. Our small double rooms contain a 4ft bed as opposed to our standard double rooms which house a standard 4ft 6 bed. They make the perfect base for exploring the city or for a short business break.

I do hope that on your next visit to Newcastle you will choose to stay with us. Please feel free to contact our Reception team direct and they will try their best to find a room which is better suited to your needs.

On a more positive note, thank you for your kind comments regarding our team here. Please be assured, your comments will be passed on to the team.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a work trip as location was central and it had parking. Arrived at the hotel to find the car park had about 12 spaces, all full (it's a big hotel so this seemed pretty inadequate) nearest parking was at the station which was £15 overnight on a weekday.
The hotel itself was also disappointing. My room was small and pretty shabby with a light that buzzed constantly. The bathroom was a strange small triangular affair which was awkward to get in and out of and felt very cramped. My room was opposite the lifts too so I was woken up twice in the early hours of the morning by drunken conversations outside- sound proofing severely lacking!
On a positive note the free wifi was pretty fast and the breakfast was good- not enough to persuade me to stay again though!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was disappointed to read that you were not entirely satisfied during your stay here. We do have a small 19 space car park to the rear of the hotel. Spaces are allocated on a first come first served basis. Should our car park be full when you arrive, there are several car parks within short walking distance which our Reception team will be more than happy to direct you to. Guests are more than welcome to leave any luggage with us whilst parking their car to avoid having to carry it back to the hotel.

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by the buzzing of a light in your room. We have a Guest Relations Manager available 24hours a day to assist with any such issues. I am confident, should they have been made aware of this issue they would have been more than happy to rectify the problem.

As our hotel was built in the late 1800’s, our bedrooms are not as uniform as some of the new builds you find today. Our rooms do differ in size, making the best possible use of the space available. We do have a range of room types available, from cosy small double rooms to spacious and luxurious executive rooms.

On a more positive note, I was pleased to read you made good use of the Wi-Fi. We are proud to offer fast Wi-Fi free of charge throughout the hotel.

We often receive excellent feedback regarding our breakfast offering and I was pleased to note you were able to dine with us and experience this first hand.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I booked a one night stay in a single room, at short notice, and I was really happy with everything given the low price I paid. The room, overlooking the car park was comfortable, the bed almost a double-size, and the bathroom clean, and spacious. All staff were courteous, and efficient. Fast wifi was a bonus, as this often lacks speed in hotel rooms. Location couldn't be more central. There was a bit of coming, and going until 4am (weekend), but I still got a decent kip. Had to skip breakfast, as I needed to get back home early in the morning. All in all, great value for the price I paid!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer,

It is great to read such a positive review of our hotel. The team here all take great pride in their work, ensuring we offer great value for money without compromising on comfort and friendliness.

I was pleased to note you made use of the wi-fi during your stay. We feel that fast wi-fi is a necessity and are proud to offer this complimentary throughout the hotel. We feel this is an excellent advantage as there aren’t many hotels in the city offering fast wi-fi free of charge.

I was pleased to read that you found your room to be of a good size. From the description you have given, it sounds like you have booked one of our small double rooms. These are perfect for a base whilst travelling on business or exploring the city.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Thistle Newcastle, The County in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in August and want impressed at all. Our room key didn't work, as we were attending a wedding we didn't have time to hang round for another key. It was 7:00pm by the time we used the room and there were hairs in the bath and round the bathroom floor. The room was overly warm and the window only opened an inch. The electric fan speed was noisy, the floorboards squeaked terribly and the room was not sound proofed at all. We whispered to each other so our neighbours couldn't hear us ! When we gave feedback on the hotel I was asked if I would like someone to call regarding my comments, said yes and left my number....3 weeks later, no phone call.

Room Tip: If you want a good room book into a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Meandthekid

Dear Reviewer,

It is surprising to note that you were not entirely satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. The team here work tirelessly to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained at all times and we regularly receive excellent feedback about this.

Our hotel is a Grade 2 listed building and was built in the late 1800’s. The original sash windows are in place throughout the hotel, however, I am sure you can understand that we do need to restrict how much they can be opened for the safety of our guests. Should there be anything you require to make your stay more comfortable; lighter bedding for example, we have a Guest Relations Manager available 24 hours a day who would be more than happy to assist with any such requests.

I was disappointed to learn that although you left your details, you did not receive a courtesy phone call from one of the team. This is unacceptable and I will ensure this is addressed immediately to prevent this happening again in the future.

Please accept my apologies for any shortfalls you may have experienced during your time here and be assured that your experience does not reflect our usual high standards. Your comments will be investigated thoroughly and I have forwarded you a private message to request more information in order for me to do this.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Firstly i will start with location this is right opposite the train station and although on a main road you hear no traffic we stayed in the back of the hotel on the 5th floor!! You are 5-10min walk away from tiger tiger/lloyds/nightlife and the shopping center. Not far at all i even managed walking there in heels there and back. I only stayed one night over the weekend this was long enough as the nightlife only goes on till 2-3am not like other citys.

The hotel is gorgeous inside the rooms are really big and i can not fault this hotel for the rooms AT ALL. Staff on the other hand we seen one member when checking in no one through the day or night apart from a security man at entrance of a night which was really good so you cant just walk in the hotel and then again when checking out. Otherwise i didnt see no1 on the reception desk the whole time. Breakfast was lovely could not fault this at all staff were really helpful and lovely.

Bottom line is i would stay here again or in this chain again couldnt say a bad word at all about this hotel and the whole experince.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerNCL, Guest Relations Manager at County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your time with us. As you have mentioned, we are in an excellent location. Not only do we have excellent transport links, we are also within short walking distance of the main shopping and nightlife areas. It is great to read that you found our location to be convenient.

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be well presented and your room to be of a good size. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and found our staff to be helpful and accommodating. Please be assured, your kind comments will be passed to our team.