This hotel is in an excellent location for a trip to Newcastle, opposite central station, very close to main shops etc and close to the metro arena. We very much enjoyed our stay, a great breakfast and excellent evening meal...super menu .Lovely,friendly atmospere in modern lounge, bar and restaurant.Bedrooms basic but comfortable and clean. All hotel staff were so friendly and helpful ,we felt relaxed and very welcome.
Excellent value for money.will definitely return... Thank you County hotel.!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the Mercure Newcastle County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Newcastle County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne