The County Hotel opposite the Central Station is ideally situated for both business and pleasure in Newcastle - Friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast and comfortable rooms at a sensible price what more could you ask for? I would try to get a room at the rear of tghe hotel as some noise does permeate from the busy road outside the Central Station - this did not disturb my night but light sleepers may be troubled especially at weekends when the taxi ranks are busy - that siad it's a great place to stay and enjoy a great city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne