This hotel was booked by work but if I had to choose this hotel wouldn't be at the top of my list. Parking is really bad. You don't get to reserve your car space so if there isn't one then your stuck. Plus you have to pay an extra £10 a day. Staff very friendly and rooms very clean. Didn't enjoy breakfast at all. A member of staff greeted me to check what room I was in but all my other friends had staff ask them for tea and coffee and toast where I had to go out of my way to get these. On the second day of my stay the breakfast was awful. The fried eggs smelt off and really ruined my meal. Apart from that it was a very basic stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne