I didn't stay at this hotel but I had my Christmas party here on a Saturday night. The hotel is in a great location, right in the city centre opposite the train station. Hotel reception looks the part and we were met with a smile by a pleasant lady on the door who directed us to our "suite" where I was slightly disappointed to find that the tables were split so our party was split between three different tables. Service was swift and went smoothly. Butternut squash soup was delicious but small portion. Turkey dinner yet again was lovely but small portion again. Treacle pudding was not to my liking but others enjoyed. Drinks were expensive, dance floor was TINY! Overall, I had a fantastic night with good food and good company but there was some disappointments for the price paid, I expected more which was a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the Mercure Newcastle County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Newcastle County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne