I stayed at this hotel for business. I frequently have to stay in hotels for work and have to say that I won't re-book this one because the BT openzone WiFi is just too expensive. Most other hotels offer some sort of wifi service for free which is perfect for working in your room. The staff were lovely, very friendly and attentive. My room was in need ofredredecoration, with worn carpet and rusty bathroom fittings. Great location but then there are other, better hotels near by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne