Just returned from a weekend stay with my hubby. Hotel ideal for travelling by train, central for pubs, clubs and shopping.
Hotel rooms could be doing with an upgrade but not that you wouldn't want to stay in them. Breakfast was great, lots of choice. Noise at night could be a problem from the pubs and bars but earplugs did the trick for my husband, but what can u expect from a hotel which is central to everything!
Would definitely stay there again and recommed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located across from Grand Central Station, the County Hotel is perfect for shopping, sporting and cultural events, and visiting the world-famous Hadrian's Wall. A magnificent Grade II Listed Victorian, the hotel is the ideal base for shopping, concerts and other cultural events, with attractions from Roman remains to the legendary St James' Park within a short drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your County Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Hotel, Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- County Hotel By Thistle Newcastle
- County Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne