“Faultless”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Durham, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Visited this evening for my sons birthday. All seven of us found both the food and service faultless and at under £30 per head including drinks we found Electric East excellent value for money. Looking forward to next time!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Andi20

“Delicious pan asian food in an unpretentious but quirky setting served quickly by attentive and friendly staff.”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had an impromptu meal here last night. I'd eaten at Barn Asia and loved it and I thought the food and service were just as good. I asked for advice on menu choices and the waitress knew the dishes well and gave good suggestions. The menu isn't vast but every dish we tried had an array of asian spices and flavours and weren't greasy. All the ingredients looked and tastes fresh and good quality. It was quiet last night so didn't have the buzz I remembered but it suited us for a quiet night out. We'd go back and will highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
“Absolutely awful”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Previously visited barn Asia regularly and we were always impressed, thinking with the same staff, menu and chefs it would be the same so took partner for birthday meal. We were there under 1 hour, food arrived prompt however to put it plainly it was awful, nothing tasted the same. Upon leaving bumped into the manager and previous owner of barn Asia who in the past was always pleasant and concerned about his costumers experience however when he asked how it was I said 'well.... Ok I suppose', he simply said 'that will do'. I expressed my concerns to the waitress who also worked there previously and although she expressed an interest in our experience she implored us to try again. Well no way, we are done with electric east.

2 Thank 0191katie
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The food was absolutely amazing and good value for the quality and the staff were very friendly. We were very impressed by how quickly the food came once we had ordered and everything was really fresh, well cooked and perfectly spiced/ seasoned- even coming from my boyfriend who is a bit of a spice nut!

1 Thank Pippa W
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

When we arrived we were shown to our table almost straight away, we did have the option of sitting in the lounge area first but we were a little hungry. The was not a lot to choose from on the menu but this is not a bad thing. Starters were ok if not a bit dry, main course was a better and I had the curried lamb shank and the lamb was cooked well. One thing I did notice was as the night wore on the service became a little sloppy and a few times I had to get up and grab someone for service. To sum it up good atmosphere, service ok and food good with ok prices to match.