“Birthday Meal”
Review of Fratello's

Fratello's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fratello's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 1,281 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fratello's Italian restaurants are located at Jesmond, Newcastle Airport & Scotch Corner J1/A66 near Richmond. We serve freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine with a modern twist. The Newcastle Airport restaurant is bright, modern design and extremely popular with business travellers, locals and holiday makers alike.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Visited with several friends for a saturday evening birthday celebration, enjoyed the whole experience, took advantage of the early evening special menu which was excellent value for money. The food was very good and the service was excellent, in particular our waitress Lauren who was very cheerful and friendly and extremely efficent. Have also visited several times for Sunday lunch which has also been very good.

Fratellos R, Manager at Fratello's, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello there, thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.

We’re glad to hear you had such an enjoyable birthday experience, and that service & food was up to a high standard. We inform our chefs and floor staff whenever you get such a complimentary review, so your feedback is valued greatly. You might be interested to know our new Spring/Summer menu is set to be launched next month, so look out for some choices!

Thanks again, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Taunton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great night”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just an overnight stay in hotel and we tried it. Really fantastic food and good quality food. The staff are very friendly and efficient.

Fratellos R, Manager at Fratello's, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write us lovely review.

Your comments have been passed on to all Fratello's staff. We hope you will come pay us another visit, next time you're in Newcastle. You might be interested to know our new Spring/Summer menu is set to be launched next month, so look out for some choices!

Thanks again, and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Northumberland
“Good Sunday lunch”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Was looking for a quick meal yesterday near the airport so called in here without any great expectations. We were told that they were doing Sunday lunch so opted for that option. My son and brother had roast beef and I chose the chicken.we were all pleasantly surprised as We were expecting amass produced food.
The portions of beef were large, thickly cut, nicely pink and impressive.
The chicken was served in a fantastic red wine sauce with excellent roast potatoes, veg and Yorkshire pud.
Staff were efficient and friendly.
We were all very pleasantly surprised and will definitely return again when we are not in such a rush.

1 Thank NorthumberlandSimon
Fratellos R, Manager at Fratello's, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write us such a positive review.

We’re glad you enjoyed your evening with us so much, it sounds like you were pleasantly surprised, which is always lovely to hear. Hopefully you will dine with us again very soon

Thanks again.
Bradford, United Kingdom
“A special intimate evening for two”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Reviewing this nearly a year on due to a delayed addiction to TA. I was taken here by my fiancé for the 40. We wanted somewhere quiet & local. Having enjoyed the adjoining bar since it first opened we tried the restaurant. Lovely decor, soft lighting, very professional service without being too much. They have a clay oven for pizzas which you can see - a nice touch. Dinner & proseccoo were excellent & we were made to feel very welcome - taken through to the bar for a night cap. Due to work pressures we have not been able to go back but would love to one day soon. It is quieter & more intimate than Fratellis in Ponteland which is also very pleasant.

Fratellos R, Manager at Fratello's, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write us such a positive review.

We’re glad you enjoyed your evening with us so much, it sounds like you were pleasantly surprised, which is always lovely to hear. We launch our spring/summer menu late next month and we would love for you to come and give us another try!

Fratello's Management
ncl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent all round!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Fratellos restaurant-Newcastle Airport

I Visited the Newcastle airport Fratellos restaurant yesterday as a birthday surprise for the Mrs.
I was initially sceptical about the location of this venue as I assumed it would be an airport style hotel with airport style service and food with airport prices but I had been recommended to try it by a family friend so I thought I would give it a go.
Initially walking into the hotel was greeted by cheerful staff who pointed me in the right direction for the restaurant. This was just a short walk through the hotel lobby.
At the restaurant entrance I was greeted by a member of staff who pleasantly addressed me as sir and seated me at an excellent table right next to the fireplace. First thoughts of the restaurant were clean tidy and expensive. I found it was very well laid out as I find most Italian venues I have visited position tables so close together you have to shout over other diners chatter to be heard. Not the case here.
So we both loved the look and feel of the venue and first thoughts were very impressive. We decided to skip on the wine as I was driving.
For our starter we decided to share an antipasto meat dish. This took between 5 and 10 minutes to arrive at our table which was not bad considering the restaurant had a fair few customers seated. It was delivered on a wooden platter with salami, parma ham and bresola with side salad and roasted peppers, and delicious warm bread that smelled freshly baked. We enjoyed this and was perfect to share between 2.
I ordered for my main course fish of the day which was fried monk fish and the Mrs ordered a bolognaise pizza. Both were delivered to the table promptly professionally and looked fantastic. The fish just fell from the bone in tender flakes was delicious and succulent, skin crispy and loaded with flavour. I can also report the bolognaise pizza was delicious too as the Mrs, bless her has eyes bigger than her belly leaving me to finish off. We opted not to have a desert as I don’t usually and the wife had no room for it!!
Having finished our food and drinks and requesting the bill I was pleasantly surprised by the price. Having set a budget of £60 and the total bill being just over £40 I was very pleased.
All in all a great dining experience. Could not fault the place at all and would recommend a visit, I will be returning again soon for sure.

1 Thank courtneybee7
Fratellos R, Public Relations Manager at Fratello's, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks for writing such a great review. We're really happy that you had such a good time please come and see us again soon when our new menu is launched in a few weeks.