“Small portions”

Add it.
Simla
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Http://www.viewnewcastle.co.uk/restaurants/simla-tandoori-userreview-47310.html
Durham, United Kingdom
“Small portions”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went along with a groupon voucher and I have to say this is the first time I have thought that the portions are smaller. Not sure if this is because of the voucher or just normal portion size in this restaurant. The food was very tasty and nicely presented, could not fault the quality. We both had starters, a main each and a portion of rice each and bread to share. My main was a king prawn dish which only had four prawns in! Lovely food but its the first time I have ever left an indian restaurant hungry.

• Visited October 2012

Newcastle
“below standard”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Part of a groupon deal, we had two beers, opted for tikka chicken as an extra and it was still over £20 with voucher! Food was ok, Vegetables didnt seem that fresh in my curry or vegetable pilau rice, if it hadnt have been for the deal I probably wouldnt have went and probably wont be going back - there's so many good curry houses in Newcastle now, this isnt one of them unfortunately. On the plus side, the local guy who served us was very attentive.

• Visited October 2012
“Great if you like your Curry floating Ghee”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Starters ok but came out on the cold side. No complimentary poppadums. Main dish I had chicken tikka korai which was floating in Ghee drained that off to find chicken tough and obviously not fresh my colleague had garlic chilli chicken which he said was also poor and not fresh meat. We shared a miniscule portion of pilau rice.The naan bread was the best bit of the meal really, oh .and a large bottle of kingfisher lager £5.10!!! total rip off.Atmosphere totally ruined by the owner who was on his mobile phone 80% of the time talking really loud all he could say was sorry as we left and then continued his loud conversation with someone in India, Probably the reason why he was talking so loud. Only one other table in beside us and they did'nt look too happy either. One to avoid am afraid in our opinion

• Visited August 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Best Indian in Newcastle”
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We've eaten here and got takeaways from here numerous times and it's always great quality food at a reasonable price. Ali who runs it is fab! He's always very friendly and welcoming!

“Lovely place for a curry”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I visited on Tuesday, we booked last minute with a Groupon voucher. As described in last review, very handy little card that explains the deal in more detail. When we placed our order we asked for a break between starters and mains - which most restaurants hear but dont listen too or leave your food sitting on the pass for ages. The staff understood our request and fulfilled it with a lovely freshly cooked curry.
I had onion bahjis and hubby the chicken tikka, both with really enjoyed - only suggestion would be to drain the bahjis alittle longer bit greasy but still taste none the less.
As expressed earlier both had fresh cooked curries which we both enjoyed - chicken in both dishes was moist and full of flavours.
As I dont eat rice we ordered extra papadums - maybe a few too many as they are really large but worth the money and with tasty pickles too.
Staff were really friendly, attentive but not too aggressive as in some places.
This is our third visit and sure to be back again.
Keep up the good work.