“Wonderful food, fabulous service”
Review of Reza Restaurant

Reza Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 1,261 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, fabulous service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I had never tried Persian food so I was looking forward to my visit.
Upon arrival we were given a very warm welcome and had a choice of where to sit.

The lady who served us explained what the dishes were on the menu and she described them beautifully.

My meal was delicious and bursting with taste. The whole experience was perfect, I would highly recommend a visit to this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rachel H

Jarrow, United Kingdom
“Yammy for my tummy”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

One of the best and fresh tasty food .I recomand to every one for fab and lovely dinner.Very clean and tidy.Nice and helpful staff.Another night that I have been there it was a persian event party so wonderful and friendly atmosfer with Persian music everything was fantastic.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank anar e
Newcastle upon Tyne
“My favourite Persian food.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I really enjoy eating at this place. The food is really nice and delicious. The kebabs have never disappointed me. All the varieties of kebabs are well done and nice. If you go there, try the matured olives and aubergine dip, both are really nice. The atmosphere is relax and comforting too. The service is satisfactory.
I'll recommend this place to all my friends.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Mandy B
London, United Kingdom
“The other reviews made it sound so promising”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am perplexed because the vast majority of the other reviews for this restaurant are so good. For me, the experience was mixed. It is an attractive restaurant but on a Thursday night, it was almost empty. Two men had a window seat. Two more men were at the back of the restaurant. Despite that, the waiter was less than enthusiastic. He did not even ask whether I had enjoyed my meal...

As I had only ever had home-cooked Persian cuisine, I wanted to try two of the starters. I had the potato supreme (£3), which I had enjoyed previously: potatoes and chicken in a mayonnaise sauce; and a fried aubergine dip (£3.50). I was asked if I wanted a side order of nan bread (£1), which was sensible to scoop up the various textures and tastes. Both starters were large portions, as was the flat bread. Unfortunately, flat bread soon turns to cardboard. For my main course, I tried a traditional Persian stew. It came with its own side order of nan - which I was beginning to feel stuffed by. It was more like a thin soup, with a tomato and cinnamon base flavour. One new potato, a few scrag ends of lamb and some assorted pulses were at the bottom of the bowl. It was just about passable. Perhaps I made a mistake in my choice. With a beer at £3.50, the total was £21 with service.

• Visited November 2012
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Came across Reza by chance as our reservation at the other Persian restaurant in Newcastle on a Saturday night was cancelled an hour and a half before we were due to arrive. We hadn't read any reviews on Reza before eating there and were amazed on the night by its quality and value. Attentive service by a friendly waitress also. £35 for two starters two main courses and three drinks! We'll be back!

• Visited October 2012