“Cheap and cheerful, you get what you pay for”
Review of Jesmond Park Hotel

Jesmond Park Hotel
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked this on the same day that I wanted it and got the last room, so it was fully booked on the night that I stayed, good sign straight away.

I was quickly met at the front door and told where to park my car (right outside the door basically but off the road as it's a permit only area and you don't want a £50 fine) before paying and being shown to my room. The parking area is block paved and there for that purpose, albeit not huge.

The room was basic but very clean. Modern TV. Alarm clock, although my phone works fine these days. Comfortable bed and wardrobe for clothes, what more do you need really. I did have to open the window on arrival as it was pretty warm in the room, but it was something like 25 degrees outside so understandable.

The en-suite was ok, maybe a bit cramped if your a larger person, but I'm not so no issues there. Shower worked but did alternate a little between hot and cold. Only a little though and not to the point that it would burn or freeze you, hence I didn't report it.

Location, Osborne Road (the lively bit of Jesmond) is a 5 minute walk away and the city centre will take you about 20 minutes. Away from the busy roads but close enough to walk where you need to go.

There is a bar but I went out before it opened at 1930 so can't comment on that. You do need to order breakfast before it closes at though.

Onto breakfast then, I went down at my time and my food was quickly brought to me whilst I enjoyed a nice cup of filter coffee to clear my baggy head. The food was well cooked and not too greasy, eggs exactly as I asked. Job done.

Any bad points, not really. I paid £45 for a bed and breakfast and that's what I got. If you want a hotel, book a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel was in a beautiful quite part of town, but close to some "happening" streets with plenty of restaurants and pubs. The staff was beyond friendly, especially one super friendly man named Bob. He went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable, told us where to go and what was good to see. We had such a plesant time. I definitely recommend this place, sure it has a few imperfections but it was greatmfor what we needed.

make sure you try the New Castle Brown Ale.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2012

my friends and i had a wonderful stay in this hotel, it was situated in a quiet area away from lots of noise and traffic and a short ride to town centre. The staff couldn,t do enough for us and were so polite and welcoming, thoroughly enjoyed the full english breakfast and the room was nice and clean. Will definately be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff were welcoming, friendly and made sure we had everything to ensure we had grt stay, breakfast was delicious....would highly recommend....will defo be back......thanks again frm girls in room 17 xx

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I would say 'good' not 'average' but not 'very good'. I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights while in Newcastle exploring Hadrian's Wall and watching Durham cricket. When I arrived the staff were very friendly but possibly slightly disorganized. The man was very helpful and gave some useful local information and was very flexible about breakfast times as I had to make an early start. I had to go to the city centre bus station to find out where the tourist bus AD122 went from which was slightly inconvenient. The room was clean but small. The bathroom was just down the corridor. The door was stiff and hard to lock (but possible with strength). The shower temperature was hard to adjust and the toilet very slow to flush. Breakfast was really good and served fast so I could head off on trips. I would recommend this place especially for solos and business for a reasonably cheap basic but clean option well located for Newcastle city centre.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and i stayed at this hotel on 24th and 25th may.We were met by an old lady who was very nice but wasn't too sure what she was doing.We had to fill out a form for breakfast not realising that is what we would get every morning.We were on the top floor in a small room which got too hot.It was clean and so was the shower room.The bed and pillows [one each] were very lumpy with a heavy duvet. We were right in the middle of student land.On the first night there was a party close by.It started at 12.30 am and finished at 06.30 am.We got no sleep at all.The next night was party time too tho not quite so bad.Outside by the car was strewn rubbish and broken glasses.One of the neighbours was cleaning it up.I have to say the staff were very nice and helpfull, but the hotel is very shabby with squeaky doors and floors.The dining room is very cramped.I'm sorry but we won't be staying there again or recommending it mainly because of the noise.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeniferandrews
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The staff were immensely friendly. Myself and 2 friends stayed for a weekend. Was very close to the city centre. Little bit too far to walk however taxi was £4 so can't complain. Had the breakfast each morning. Was an average fry up. Rooms were clean and exactly what we needed. All in all a very very good place to stay. Would recommend to anyone wanting an hotel that is very good value for money. Will be using this hotel again later in the year!!!

• Stayed: May 2012