“Lovely veggie friendly independent cafe”

Sweet Memories at Study Cafe
Ranked #279 of 1,303 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sweet Memories at Study Cafe We are an independent café serving British dishes including a various vegetarian/vegan options. Location: Newcastle city centre, 89 Clayton Street!
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Popped in for breakfast, both vegan and veggie breakfasts were lovely (particularly like the homemade style baked beans - makes a very noticeable and pleasant change from the heinz style beans served just about everywhere else I'm ever been). Nice vibe to the place, a little bit hippyish perhaps, if that's your style then you'll like it...

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went in here for breakfast, and for only 5 pounds was treated to a great serving of Veggie food. Ended up coming back for dinner and must say the staff were more "welcoming" than any I have come across. This place has a great atmosphere and worth any vegan/veggies time. If your lucky, Alex the Chef - may even give you an interesting insight into the rise and fall of the telephone landline, a really interesting topic. This will be my first point of call, next time I am in the Toon!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

tiny cafe shop with a nice french music, only 4 tables, so if u not lucky u wont get a seat, great apple crumble thought, will reccomend for 5´oclock drink

1  Thank sylvia_rippl
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have been here many times as a family. Although quite tightly packed with chairs and tables, they have always allowed us to take in our baby in the buggy, and even helped us upstairs with it when needed. The food is imaginative and tasty, the service friendly and helpful, a wide variety of drinks is available, and it is a comfortable and interesting place to visit. A lovely atmosphere and great food. What more could you want?

1  Thank Lynda D
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I like the style of the place: quaint, informal and immediately relaxing.

The small menu is very interesting, especially for vegetarians and vegans. It seems a bit odd that there are also meat and fish dishes on the menu.

We had vegan breafast, which to be honest sounded nicer on the menu than it actually tasted. I wished I had some brown sauce and mustard to boost the flavour. It didn't help that the food wasn't very hot.

I will give it a second chance but I'll probably choose something that's meant to be eaten cold.

2  Thank Reluctant_Optimist