“Wetherspoons, does what it says on the tin”
Review of the five swans

the five swans
Ranked #438 of 1,287 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Cant beat a good cheap & cheerful breakfast in Wetherspoons & this one didn't disappoint !
Staff were spot on & so was the food it was hot & enough to feed 2 hungry people, will deffo be calling again when in Newcastle =)

1  Thank Debbie-winch
Harry-lewis15, Manager at the five swans, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Many thanks for your reviews, we look forward to welcoming you to the Five Swans again.

There are newer reviews for the five swans

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Food is always lovely and great value, however it is extremely busy a lot of the time! Not very pram/wheelchair friendly as there are so many steps inside, and if your struggling to find a table or its busy it can be a bit awkward.

1  Thank KG91
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Tend to go here if I want something quick, good value and tasty. Can't fault staff, they work what they need to and rightly so. Its not fine dining and you shouldn't expect that. Good choice of local ale and beer.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I used to organise my local sports club evenings to be held here. We really enjoyed it. The food and drink was always extremely well priced and very reasonable.

We went in on Saturday and I ordered a burger (added the additional burger for a pound). When the burger arrived I started to eat it and to be honest it tasted like charcoal. I took the burger out to find that it was black on one side. I simply couldn't eat it. I've never complained about food before but had to this time, so I told the guy and he took it away. When it was brought back it only had the single burger in so I mentioned that I had paid for an extra one. An additional burger was brought out on a plate and it was completely burnt to a crisp. I thought it was a joke. I mentioned that it was burnt to the waitress so she took the meal away...again. On the third attempt the waiter brought out my meal, he rudely said "I'm going to stand here so you can tell me whether you're happy with this or not so I don't have to come back". I'm not one for complaining so if things are good enough I'll finish it off, but when something isn't edible then I had to complain. After all, how hard is it to cook a burger, considering when it's a nice sunny day the entire nation can complete this simple task.

It's fair to say that I certainly won't be returning, and as long as I'm organising the clubs social events, I definitely won't be arranging to have them here.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I visited here yesterday and was expecting to be disappointed! The only thing they didn't let me down on was that! They well and truly disappointed me!
There was not enough staff on and the bar was sticky and wet! They also seem to collect the dregs of society at the end of the bar who were leering and hollering at my girlfriend! We sat down and got efficiently disappointed again when my burger turned up! Clearly straight out of the microwave in a frozen soggy bun. I ate half of it and it felt like my jaw was going to fall off because it was so chewy! That said, it was pretty busy but the clientele were BASIC at best! The next time I need a good old disappointing, I will be sure to return!

1  Thank foggyvolki