“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Previously known as La Vita.

My wife and I called in on a Sunday afternoon having eaten here under the previous name La Vita. We went for the Sunday dinner options of starter and main for a set price. When the starter came my potato skins had been reheated and were luke warm, carrying on eating I found a large black hair on one of them. I brought this to the attention of the waitress who was very apologetic and offered to bring me a freshly cooked starter - to which I refused as the hair had put me off a bit.
When the main Sunday dinner came I found the carrots were half cooked - just wasnt really good enough at all - again brought this to the waitresses attention, who apologised once more. When we went to pay the waitress said she had spoken to the owner who had said she could knock £3 off the bill for the potato skins.
In a typical English response I told them it was ok, and to put the change from our meal in the charity box.

Personally I wouldnt come back here again, the food is reheated found a hair in the starter all negatives - and the fact the manager couldnt be bothered to come to the table personally is just offputting. Rustico - its a no from me.

Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

We waited over an hour for our food after ordering even though the restaurant was nearly empty. Our birthday party was spoilt by the very rude manager /chef who accused us of paying £20 short. Our money had been double checked and we had added a generous tip. He became very aggresive towards us. The young waitress who took our money soon disappeared out of sight. NEVER EAT HERE... THEY ARE DISHONEST.

1  Thank LizDena
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Called into Rustico (as it is now known) for a tea time special after walking out of another Italian place not far away.
What can I say, the quality of the food was absolutely b-e-au-ti-ful, mamma mia! ...and all for 6.99. What a lovely fresh salad with oils, bread, feta and olives for starters and then an even more wonderful chicken breast with mushroom sauce and rice.. been craving it ever since!
The staff were so friendly and warm and the place inside is an absolute delight, warm cosy fire and nipping clean. I love it here and looking forward to returning.

Thanks Rustico! x

1  Thank Still2
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Four of us ate here having not been in for some time. We were enticed by the refurbishment - which looks great. The staff were attentive and friendly.
However the food was not as good. We went for the Albanian menu which was a mistake. The mezze starter was a plate piled with food resembling a greedy person’s visit to a wedding buffet. It was a confusion of olives, meat, salad etc with two huge pieces of pie on the top. It was hard to know where to start and left us feeling full at the end. The main courses were similarly confused.
We shall go again and stick to the Italian menu which they will hopefully be more competent with. We would love there to be a great Italian so close to home but still need to be convinced.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

After picking our daughter up from work at 17.00pm decided rather than fight our way through traffic to stop off somewhere for a bite to eat. We decided upon Rustico (formerly La Vita). We were greeted very warmly and shown to our table where the owner told us he had only been open a couple of weeks after a full refurbishment and I have to say the place looked incredible. If that was incredible the food was out of this world and priced very reasonably. As they do Tapas we will be returning very shortly. The staff were very attentive and courteous and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

1  Thank Michael D