“Cool relaxed place to dine”

Las Iguanas - Newcastle
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It's been packed from day one, the new hot spot for lunch, dinner and cocktails. It's just the place to drop in for supper before or after a night out at the Theatre Royal too.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great atmosphere, Great central location, the food is pretty good too with a wide choice on the menu.
Will definitely be back in my view the best value of the newer restaurants on & around the Grey Street area

Write a ReviewReviews (2,001)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Typical chain branded restaurant, food was bland to ensure it appealed to the masses. No real care about food, more fast food than restaurant.

1  Thank newstarter
Katrina60, Public Relations Manager at Las Iguanas - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hi, I'm really sorry that you did not enjoy the food on your visit. We do extensive menu development and always try to cater for as many different tastes as possible. I'll pass your comments on to the menu development team and we’ll think about them for the next menu. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Been a couple of times now, first time for my girlfriends birthday which was a brilliant night, the service was impeccable, the drinks were always kept topped up and the food was beautiful, but with it being a birthday, I just paid and we left having had a great time. The second time we went, the great atmosphere (the place always seems to be full!), food and exemplary service were all there however we noticed that its on the slightly pricey side compared to some other places. Still, it's definitely up there as one of our favourite restaurants in town and is almost certainly worth a visit, especially for big groups or parties!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have visited two different Las Iguanas restaurants now (Leeds and Newcastle) and both were very good experiences. I've visited the Newcastle restaurant twice, once for a quite meal and the last time for a work Christmas party but both times the quality and service were great which is quite unusual. Considering this is a chain, the food is pretty good and a nice change to what else is out there, particularly if you like latin/mexican food. Between us we have tried a good range of dishes from the menu all all have enjoyed with the exception of the burrito, which although there was nothing wrong with it in comparison withe the other dishes it was a bit of a poor cousin choice. I would recommend the nachos to start, they are some of the best I've had and a good portion, the Vatapa Gambas is really very good and something I would be tempted to have each time I go! The Newcastle restaurant is large with a bar and over to levels, the atmosphere is very towny is a good way and reminds me a little of a high end eatery you would find say in a larger european city. Highly recommended but not that cheap, it must be good because I'm pretty fussy about quality and experience and I'm more than happy to return. Sign up to the newsletter, I've had a £5 off introductory voucher and a free meal for my birthday so far, not bad. A chain worth visiting, I hope they keep the brand fresh for returning patrons.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

How has this place got such good reviews. When there's good eateries all around it how is it so busy? Guessing as its the only Mexican restaurant around it has a nieche market? Well, I was seated half an hour late, rushed off the table in less than an hour and inbetween bombarded with some lukewarm flavourless insipid grub. In appealing to both the eye and palate. The only saviour was a waitress who undoubtedly will be employed elsewhere now. Wished I'd known it was a chain. And ps don't give them your email address you'll be bombarded with endless promotional junk mail!