“Poor service and cold food” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ninos at The Gate
Ranked #506 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gateshead, England, United Kingdom
“Poor service and cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We visited on a lunchtime during Happy Hour. They took our drinks and food order and drinks arrived straight away to be left waiting and waiting and waiting for our food and when it did eventually arrive it was cold.

1 Thank 11Emma

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Not impressed at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went on a lunchtime and we were served drinks then our order taken and then left waiting and waiting and waiting for our food. Once the food arrived it was only just warm. I won't be going back and wouldn't recommend

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good service but food was disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a table booked for 5.45pm for an early tea but ending up being late arriving,it wasn't a problem which was great,the waiting staff were really accommodating and polite.we ordered a bottle of wine and proceeded to use our voucher for a 2 course special...
The 1st course was ok - my chicken wings were small and a snack at best,2 miniature sized wings which were burnt on the outside. My partner had the potaoe skins which you can't really go wrong with.
The main course was the most disappointing...we decided to go for a 50/50 pasta/pizza deal. The pizza was burnt on top so no flavour was given and the pasta was spicy but tasteless.
After the meal I complained to the waitress and I clearly wasn't the only customer that did,almost half the customers had something negative to say(with one couple walking out without paying)!
Overall, a rather funny visit to a rather over estimated restaurant that probably lives on its expectation of the location rather than its quality of food! Unlikely to revisit anytime soon.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
“Lovely modern italians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food and excellent desserts! Love the meatball pizza and lasagne and my son Elliott loves the kids spag bol

Durham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Value, Even Better Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Visited Nino's for the first time today with my friend who recommended it highly.
We went during happy hour meaning that we got a main meal for 5.95! The pizza I ordered was obviously cooked freshly and it was larger than you would get in most restaurants. Very much enjoyed my meal here and will definitely be returning when I next get the chance.

The service we received was good, we got checked back on a few minutes after receiving our meals, and offered suaces/parmesan/black pepper. I couldn't fault it.

• Visited September 2013