“Excellent in every respect!”
Review of Solomons Dhaba

Solomons Dhaba
Ranked #146 of 1,279 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Solomons Has been established since 1992 and is a family run business providing exceptional Punjabi & Kashmiri Indian Cuisine and quality of service second to none. We would like to welcome you to experience our rich and opulent surroundings with your family and friends Our menu has a great selection of authentic Halal food from the Indian Punjabi and Kashmiri Regions with an excellent choice of vegetarian food. We pride ourselves in using the finest ingredients, cooked to perfection, ensuring a memorable dining experience.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every respect!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Have been eating at this restaurant for the past 15 years. Moved house 2 years ago but still make the 20 mile round trip to pick up a takeaway or eat in the restaurant. New menu full of imagination, beautifully cooked, and presented by attentive staff. Do try this place - you won't be disappointed!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mags14208

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“One of my two favourite Indian restaurants in Newcastle”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This restaurant is away from the city centre in Arthur's HIll, Fenham. The food is just fabulous.
Take the waiter's recommendation. I did, and now have their special fish curry every time.....that and the lamb chops for starters!

They are quite happy to serve you water with your meal. I would agree that the service is charming.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank WinnieS138
“The best curry and great waiters”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is just the best Indian restaurant in Newcastle. There are several Indian restaurants in Gosforth where we live but none are a patch on this place in Fenham. We ordered the customary papadoms and pickle tray to munch while we perused the menu. The stand-out starter was the tandoori lamb chops; three tender chops with a sublime marinade taste. I rarely see past the mixed kebab where the lamb tikka is always delicious. Feeling more adventurous when it came to our mains we asked our waiter to chose his two favourite curries for us. The special chicken curry was amazing; tender meat cooked on the bone with a rich sauce that comes from long, slow cooking. This was served with a crispy garlic and coriander roti. The nawabi khana was also wonderful; living up to its billing as the most complex of all great curries. The waiter also chose our chickpea rice; another great dish.

The waiting staff are delightful. They make such a fuss over my 89 year old mother in law that it is now her favourite place for a treat. But, whatever the age of your guests you are certain of a warm welcome. And at less that £15 per head for a feast and a couple of cobras you can take lots of guests!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank jazzncaz
Newcastle
“Average takeaway”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This new restaurant has been getting some good reviews so we thought we would try it for a takeaway. It cost £32 for three meals and two starters, 2 nans and a rice. We wanted fish pakora which is listed on the website menu but isn't onoffer in the restaurant. So I had to wait until another prawn starter was cooked. When I got home I re-heated the meals which meant that the deep fried prawn dish was soft and mushy. One of the nans was over-cooked and the other was missing, so I didn't get the garlic and coriander nan that I wanted. My main course was very good (punjabi chicken masalla) but the other two were average. We may try it again for a sit-in meal, but on the strength of this takeaway I would prefer to go to the Kamal.

Visited September 2013
“Best Indian I've Experienced”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been to Soloman's several times and it is by far the best Indian restaurant I've experienced.
Between the charming service and the delightful food, you're guaranteed an enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2013