“More tea then the queen”
Review of Tea Sutra Teahouse

Tea Sutra Teahouse
Ranked #146 of 1,308 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I took my Taiwanese friend here and she was very impressed and happy with the wide selection of tea! I highly recommend this place for tea and also for light vegetarian and vegan food. The surroundings are very peaceful and relaxing and it all goes together for a joyful experience.
I wish other patrons would respect others as one guy felt comfortable sitting and walking around with no shoes while I enjoyed my food. Please bring a "keep shoes on", rule. Thank you :-)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Big choice of quality teas.
Nice vegitarian cakes.
Friendly staff. Whole establisment is clean.
Not a teabag in sight - perfect

Reviewed August 2, 2014

After a busy day in Newcastle I decided to visit Tea Sutra, not quite knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find it a very tranquil place; an oasis of calm in a hectic city! I felt very relaxed and at peace as I browsed the menu which had an extensive range of teas, all of which sounded very lovely. The tea arrived in uniquely shaped pots with a special tea timer to give the perfect brew. We were given an extra flask of hot water to make the tea go further which I thought was very helpful. The vegan desserts and homemade chocolates all looked very tempting, but unfortunately I'm watching my sugar intake. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall: a very relaxing and tranquil place, perfect for chilling at the end of a stressful day. I just hope it stays a hidden gem as it's too small to accommodate lots of customers.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Up a very narrow staircase you'll find this gorgeous tea room, very friendly relaxed atmosphere, my friend and I took our shoes off and sat among the cushions on the raised platform. Perfect end to a busy day at Univeristy. Delicious Chai tea in the most adorable Elephant teapot, the only problem we did have was that we waited quite a while and the tea went cold quite quickly as it had obviously been brewing a long time. Would definitely go back however, loved the travelling / arty vibe.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Lovely peaceful place with warm knowledgeable staff. A couple of minus points; cups need to be white inside if the suble colours of these rare teas are to be appreciated. Secondly, although I was given a tea timer to brew my tea, I could only pour out half, leaving the other half to stew. If a first class service is to be provided to deserning customers, the owners really do ned to address this one. I like the tea shops that brew your tea for the optimum time and bring you the tea, minus the leaves. Alternatively allow their customers to remove all the leaves from the water, with or without a timer at the time of their choosing.