“Chill out”

Tea Sutra Teahouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Chill out place for me, when I finish my appointment at the hospital. Friendly, fairly priced loads of tea.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Tea sutra fills your nostrils the minute you open the door!
It serves a huge variety of teas in quirky teapots for excellent prices. You even get a flask of hot water to top up your brew! The staff are very happy to help you choose.
The vegetarian/vegan food is very good and again so reasonable price wise. I had a falafel and houmous wrap then shared the matcha tea and earl grey cakes with my sister. They were moist and scrumptious!
There is seats with tables or a cosy corner full of cushions that you can take off your shoes and sink into. Perfect after a long day!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Amazing.

The atmosphere was brilliant - uber chilled!

The selections of tea was endless - spoilt for choice!

The staff incredibly friendly - a joy to be served by!

The decor is fantastic - a step away from the real world!

Only criticism? More instructions how to drink your tea! Can be slightly confusing with the hundreds of teas and different a methods of preparation before drinking.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Heard someone chatting about this place so thought I'd pop in on a Saturday evening with my wife. The décor is best described as 'hippy chic' with a mixture of traditional tables, comfy chairs and a sitting area. The young lad behind the counter was very helpful and pointed out the menu choice, a small range of wraps and vegetarian dishes. Obviously the main attraction is the selection of teas. We ended up having a dahl and rice dish which was great and very inexpensive. We also tried a couple of their poppy seed cakes which were also good. Tried an iced tea and something warmer with our cakes. Again the lad who was serving was more than happy to chat through and recommend the best teas. The total bill was £25...a bargain. A welcome addition to the city. Give it a go, even if you only try a tea. They are open until 8pm I think

1  Thank businessvisitorNE
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's a perfect spot for just relaxing with a perfect pot of tea or healthy lunch or snacking.
The waiting stuff never rush and always welcoming.
I haven't tried their cakes yet but I enjoyed their falafel wrap, their soup and their chili with brown rice from the daily menu. All reasonably priced and make you feel good and healthy. I'd go there everyday if I could. Can't recommend enough!