“Persian food @ Moulin Rouge delicious”

Moulin Rouge Cafe and Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have Traditional Persian food also do all day English breakfasts We do meals with flat bread and also serve with rice. We now do delivery through Deliveroo
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Persian food @ Moulin Rouge delicious”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I’m surprised this café hasn’t been reviewed before, My daughter had mentioned this place to me several times, (she’s moved into a house share nearby) but I didn’t think I wanted to eat there because of its location. Westgate road Newcastle amongst the motor bike shops, however, she persuaded me to go with her (or should I say,my purse..lol)
It is a small café selling authentic Persian food, they have a special Persian dish Tuesday – Friday & Sunday including minced lamb skewered kebabs, saffron marinated chicken with rice and flatbread everything made fresh that day.
She said this is also the place for a Sunday cooked breakfast to cure hangovers (which I’m sure she never has)
We ate aubergine dip, which is to die for, I could have ate a whole plateful with flatbread (the flatbread is made to order and takes a couple of moments to cook) then I had the special of the day, salmon in a green herb sauce with rice, mint & coriander salad. My daughter had mixed meats, chicken on the bone, lamb chops & lamb kebab with rice. Cost = £15 for both of us, bargain.
It’s a café so don’t expect linen table cloths, the staff were friendly, the food tasted delicious, they explained the dishes are authentic and not adapted to the western palate and for that reason I loved it.
It’s definitely a place I’ll be taking my husband on our next visit to my daughter.

• Visited October 2011