“Simply perfect stay in Newcastle”

Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Singapore, Singapore
“Simply perfect stay in Newcastle”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Spent the 2nd phase for our honeymoon in Newcastle and decided to choose this hotel as the reason we came was to watch a Newcastle United match. And indeed its just a stones throw from St James Park Stadium! We had requested for a room facing the stadium and that was exactly what we got. Its my first time in England and being a lifelong supporter of the club, it was the perfect gift the hotel gave me for my honeymoon. The staff were also friendly and the room was well decorated. There is also a heater in the room which was great as the weather was quite cold there. The St James Park metro is just across the road from the hotel and its just 5 mins walk to Chinatown and Eldon Square for some shopping and dining. Great location, great service and a nice room for us to enjoy our honeymoon in Newcastle!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alzrin
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hi Alzrin

So glad to hear that you had an amazing honeymoon! I'm happy to know that we were able to full fill your request of a high floor, stadium facing room!
Next time you come and stay with us maybe you could try one of our football packages!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we hope to see you again soon!

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed here en route to a family wedding and the location was great for the shops and meeting up with family and friends. I found the staff friendly and helpful and my suite was clean and comfortable. I had breakfast in the restaurant one morning and the buffet was great although I was surprised not to be offered a coffee refill but that was a minor point. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is some building work going on around the hotel but it did not disturb me as I was on 7th floo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hi Moira W

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad to hear that you had a fantastic time!
I will pass the comments from your breakfast to the bar and restaurant manager, and he will pass this onto his team.

We hope to see you hear again soon!

Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a suite and whilst on the smaller side of suites it was clean and comfortable and the reception staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating and we left refreshed :-) will definitely go back again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sarah M, Guest Relations Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hi Jonathon H

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We really appreciate it!

We would love to have you back in the near future!

Glad you had a lovely stay and that you left very refreshed!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel is lovely, the room that we had was a junior suite which was great, very clean and modern with everything that you could possibly need.
The staff on reception and in the Shark Restaurant are all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was amazing.
Cannot fault this hotel in any way and will definitely be going back.
We chose this hotel because of it's very close location to St James's Park but would choose to stay there again just to visit Newcastle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Kevin T

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you had a brilliant time.

Our suite category rooms are quite special, especially with the kitchen facilities and super king size bed!

I will pass your amazing comments onto the reception team and also the Shark Club, I agree that that breakfast is yummy!

Thank you again, and we do hope to see you soon!

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Excellent hotel, stayed here for my best friends hen do at the weekend. We got a really reasonable price for the rooms, these where lovely and new and spotlessly clean. The reception area is really modern, and the hotel is in a good location.
I had contacted the hotel prior to arrival asking them to decorate the room for the hen, and they couldnt do enough for us.
Didnt eat in cafe but it looked really nice. Will definietly return back! Thanks to all the staff! :-)

• Stayed May 2014
Hi sarajones157!

Thank you for your lovely review! So glad to hear that your group had an amazing hen party weekend and that the hen enjoyed it!

It was no problem at all to decorate the room for you, we always go above and beyond our customers needs and expectations!

We would love to have you back here in the future! Hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the Sandman MayDay Bank Holiday weekend to watch the football on the Sat. The hotel was welcoming and friendly the moment I arrived. I was able to check in early which was a massive benefit to me given that I was off to the game at 2:30pm. The foyer of the hotel is quirky and welcoming, and has a hilarious horse-lamp and swinging chair (you'll understand when you've been!!) The fire by the window is also a great idea. There's also complimentary hot drinks available. The Shark Bar is just off the main reception.
The room was a nice size and had a great view of St James' Park - a plus point for me (even though I was supporting the away team!) The free toiletries are unusual and fit in with the quirky traits of the hotel. The shower, although as mentioned does tend to make the whole room wet, is fab with the water coming from the ceiling a great idea! The bathroom is designed to get wet anyway, as it has special flooring - so this wasn't too much of an issue for me.
The hotel is located opposite St James' Metro station which is a quick and easy trip to many locations, and approx 25mins from the airport if you change at Monument (the next stop) It is also walking distance to the town, Chinatown and about 20mins walk from the Quayside.
The gym is located on the top floor of the hotel, and although small in size, was adequate enough for my Sunday morning session!
The staff were all very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help.
I visited the Shark Bar before going home on the Sunday to watch the football - great size and staff that any male visitors would love!!!
This was my first visit to Newcastle, and despite the football result I will definitely be back and definitely will stay at the Sandman again! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of St James' Park
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hi Ruth E

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay!

We are more than happy to check guests in before our designated check in time if a room is available, or we can hold luggage which is also very handy.

Thank you about your lovely comment about all of our staff members, I will be sure to pass this on!

Glad you enjoyed the match! Definitely come back again next season!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

stayed here with my partner last night for one night. booked last minute on the day as we decided to have the bank holiday sunday night out in the town. reception is nicely decorated and looks modern and classy (loved the modern fire in the wall facing the road when you walk into the building) checked in quickly and staff were polite on the desk. was delighted to get top floor room as i usually get back luck with hotel rooms. the view was really good. room was small but really cozy and perfect for the night. felt really clean which was a plus. air con is available to cool and heat the room quickly. nice flat screen tv on the wall. the best thing was the bathroom. the shower has both normal shower head or you can use 'rainforest' shower head which i discovered when i looked up at the ceiling. shower was lovely and hot. grabbed nice fluffy towel from the rail to be delighted it was nice and warm from the heated rail which was a nice little bonus. theres free wifi in the rooms and complimentary hot drinks available to get yourself in the reception area. checking out wasn't until 12 instead of the usual 11am so didn't feel like i was rushing in the morning to get out the room and had a nice lie in.

the only bad things were that hotel parking is £8 but i parked somewhere else which was a bit cheaper. also got woken up at 3 in the morning to drunk loud lads shouting in the corridor but the hotel can't help that so not blaming them.
when I had a shower the whole bathroom floor did get pretty wet and i saw another reviewer complained about that but it is a wet room and it didn't really bother me that much to be honest. the room could do with a mirror on the wall where the desk was as the bathroom mirror was all steamed up and i needed to put makeup on and the only other mirror was next to the bed but was more for decoration and not very practical.

apart from that I had a really great stay and wished i was staying there for longer. checkout was quick and staff made sure if everything was okay with our stay and if i needed any taxi or if i needed to hold luggage in their luggage room. when we checked in i was also asked if I needed any taxi calling for us as we were asked if we were going out in town, they also asked if we knew where to go. just thought it was nice and professional to be asked.

yea this hotel might be a bit more expensive then other in Newcastle but it really was worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Emel D

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your recent stay with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your last minute bank holiday weekend and that you would stay with us again!

I agree we do have fantastic front facing views of St James Park and the city, glad you liked the facilities in the room and especially the modern rain fall shower!

Here at reception we always take interest in each guest to make sure that there stay is perfect! We also like a good chat!

Glad you loved your stay and thank you again for the review, we really hope to see you again soon! This time for longer!