“very plush”

Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Reviewed October 22, 2013

we booked this room through secret escapes and were bowled over by how nice it was, 20 yards from st james park and 100 yards from china town. room was top notch with kitchenette and wet room to die for.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Syntha,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, We appreciate your feedback and it is great to hear how you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying at the Sandman this week with work colleagues. When I checked in on Monday evening I was told the hotel hadn't received an email from my employer to confirm they were paying for my room (despite them receiving one for everyone else) so they'd have to swipe my card until they could confirm. I could not check in otherwise, leaving me no option but to do this. Despite stating they would not remove any money from my account it turns out that they 'ring fenced' £75. My employer state that they emailed when the booking was made, as their usual practice and again 5 minutes after the Sandman asked them for confirmation. When I asked if they'd received confirmation on Wednesday (I'd specifically asked to be notified when the authorisation was received but hadn't heard anything) I was told it was all sorted but they could not remove the ring fence, it would end automatically after 5 days or if I wanted to spend something in the bar or restaurant then it could be removed that way. When I called my employer they contacted the Sandman and insisted it be sorted out. I was told last night that the ring fence had indeed been removed.

Normally the rooms in the Sandman are quite good, it is not the first time I have stayed and it is one of my favourite hotels but this week I am staying in one of the smaller doubles at the end of the corridor. There is no wardrobe at all, instead four hooks each with a coat hanger must suffice. There's a tallboy style cupboard but that houses the fridge, microwave and safe; and two deep drawers but as most of my work stuff requires hanging I've not bothered and left everything in my case. Usually there are large mirrors on the wardrobe door so this room is lacking, there are plenty of sockets to plug in the hairdryer but no mirror close enough to be of any use, the only mirrors being either side of the bed across the room from the sockets. The shower screen in the bathroom is not wide enough to stop the spray from going beyond the plug system so the floor stays wet long after I've showered, this means wet feet every time you need the loo. Very disappointed with this week's stay, you've spoiled yourself Sandman. An apology would have been nice, especially after finding out my employer had emailed on 8th October with the confirmation, I firmly believe the error was hotel side.

• Stayed: October 2013
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Donna H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor we value all feedback whether positive or constructive as critical to ensuring we deliver great service.

I am sorry to learn that your travel department had failed to send through payment confirmation of your reservation I would advise that you go back to the relevant person and discuss your concerns over this, from my findings I can clearly see that no correspondence for payment was received before your arrival leading to a pre authorisation being taken on a personal card. I can see that the travel department kindly forwarded through the payment confirmation during your stay and a reversal of the pre authorisation on your personal card was returned at our end upon immediate receipt of the travel department confirmation.

Thank you for leaving feedback with regards to your room I am sorry you did not like the room type I have left notes on your reservation that for any future stays that room allocation is not made for you in the future I will look into further with the maintenance team to reduce the spray from the shower causing the wet floor issue.

Should you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact myself direct at the hotel.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this so many times now .. great location and brilliant reception staff. Very clean and good size rooms. Lovely breakfast and the breakfast staff are so welcoming and helpful. The only downside is the heating unit in the room is so noisy and difficult to use which could be really annoying in cold nights.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tofiiii

Dear Tofiiii,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Sandman Signature Newcastle we are very grateful for your feedback I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay. Apologies that you found the heating unit noisy and difficult to use I shall investigate into the noise element to prevent this from re-occurring.

We hope to see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Upgraded room for free on arrival. All mod cons and very clean. Breakfast was great. Reception was helpful. Not a lot more to say really. Spot on oh if I'm being picky install a bath as I do like a good bath. Had room service before not on this visit but on another one and that's fine to

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear GormleySean,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, I am very pleased to hear of your pleasant stay at the hotel. We have rooms with baths available if you are looking to return these are the Executive Suite.

We hope to see you back with us in the future!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service here was second to none from the front desk to the housemaid. All the staff we spoke to were extremely friendly and approachable. The room (710) had a perfect view of St James park, it was spotlessly clean and very modern, loved the fact there was a mini fridge, tea,coffee and biscuits. Had a very tasty evening meal and breakfast in the Sharks Bar. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: King room on the 7th floor (710) had a brilliant view of St James and the city centre
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alison36,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, I am very pleased to hear of your pleasant stay at the hotel. We value all feedback and as a valued guest it is great to read your fantastic feedback we all hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at the Sandman and I loved it once again. Went with my partner for a night away and we rate this hotel as probably the best in the City.

It is a very modern hotel, from the second you walk in there's a fire burning across the window which creates a lovely cosy atmosphere and striking but great decor.

Without sounding cliche, the reception staff are very very helpful here. They are extremely polite, try their best to help you in any way they can, offer advice and tips if you need it and make you feel very welcome.

The rooms are extremely modern, with a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, iPod dock, big comfortable bed, nice canvas art on the walls and a fantastic view of St James' Park from your window. The only slight complaint with the rooms is the noisy heater during the night but this is only very minor.

It is located about a 5 minute walk from central bars and restaurants, plus all the shops and things to do.

Buffet breakfast is pretty good and at £11 each it's pretty competitive as a hotel price. The Shark Bar is joint on to the hotel, and whilst drinks are pretty expensive in there, it's an ideal place to start or end the night.

In conclusion, if you've never been to stay in a hotel in Newcastle, I would highly recommend the Sandman and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms face the sklyine of Newcastle with a great view of St James' Park. The hig...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel M,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It really sounds like you had a great stay here at the hotel on behalf of myself and the team we look forward to you returning again with us in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights as a birthday celebration. The room was modern clean and had everything you need hairdrier, tea coffee, shampoo, conditioner etc. towels changed everyday. The location was brilliant about 5 minute walk to the shops and local bars/clubs. Room service was also quick and tasted nice. The bar on the hotel is also good for something to eat and pre drinks before going out :-) Would defiantly stay here again if I was visiting newcastle.

• Stayed: October 2013