“Sandman Newcastle October 2013”

Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Upgraded room for free on arrival. All mod cons and very clean. Breakfast was great. Reception was helpful. Not a lot more to say really. Spot on oh if I'm being picky install a bath as I do like a good bath. Had room service before not on this visit but on another one and that's fine to

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear GormleySean,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, I am very pleased to hear of your pleasant stay at the hotel. We have rooms with baths available if you are looking to return these are the Executive Suite.

We hope to see you back with us in the future!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service here was second to none from the front desk to the housemaid. All the staff we spoke to were extremely friendly and approachable. The room (710) had a perfect view of St James park, it was spotlessly clean and very modern, loved the fact there was a mini fridge, tea,coffee and biscuits. Had a very tasty evening meal and breakfast in the Sharks Bar. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: King room on the 7th floor (710) had a brilliant view of St James and the city centre

Dear Alison36,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, I am very pleased to hear of your pleasant stay at the hotel. We value all feedback and as a valued guest it is great to read your fantastic feedback we all hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at the Sandman and I loved it once again. Went with my partner for a night away and we rate this hotel as probably the best in the City.

It is a very modern hotel, from the second you walk in there's a fire burning across the window which creates a lovely cosy atmosphere and striking but great decor.

Without sounding cliche, the reception staff are very very helpful here. They are extremely polite, try their best to help you in any way they can, offer advice and tips if you need it and make you feel very welcome.

The rooms are extremely modern, with a flat screen TV mounted on the wall, iPod dock, big comfortable bed, nice canvas art on the walls and a fantastic view of St James' Park from your window. The only slight complaint with the rooms is the noisy heater during the night but this is only very minor.

It is located about a 5 minute walk from central bars and restaurants, plus all the shops and things to do.

Buffet breakfast is pretty good and at £11 each it's pretty competitive as a hotel price. The Shark Bar is joint on to the hotel, and whilst drinks are pretty expensive in there, it's an ideal place to start or end the night.

In conclusion, if you've never been to stay in a hotel in Newcastle, I would highly recommend the Sandman and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms face the sklyine of Newcastle with a great view of St James' Park. The hig...
2  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel M,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It really sounds like you had a great stay here at the hotel on behalf of myself and the team we look forward to you returning again with us in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights as a birthday celebration. The room was modern clean and had everything you need hairdrier, tea coffee, shampoo, conditioner etc. towels changed everyday. The location was brilliant about 5 minute walk to the shops and local bars/clubs. Room service was also quick and tasted nice. The bar on the hotel is also good for something to eat and pre drinks before going out :-) Would defiantly stay here again if I was visiting newcastle.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Blahhhhhhhhhhh
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here with 5 girlfriends for a girlie weekend away.... Lovely hotel, really friendly staff and great location! Rooms were really clean, modern and trendy - only bad thing was the bathroom door is facing the bed and is glass(kind see through!). That's my only complaint though. The hotel foyer is fabulous, really makes a good first impression and great spot for taking photo's :) We were within walking distance to everything but not too close that it was noisy. Would definitely recommend for group of girls and couples.

Room Tip: If you're staying with more than 2, pull out beds aren't too compfortable for adults so ask...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelbee16
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for a night away on the 7th October and the whole stay was just perfect! From the moment of arriving at the reception desk I knew how wonderful the stay would be. The receptionist (young girl with brown hair) was very friendly and polite - they were having troubles with the printers and apologised for our wait even though I'm sure we weren't stood there for more than an hour! We were in room 801, and stayed in a Junior Suite. So glad I decided to book that room instead of the normal! The room was a great size and lovely and clean. We had planned on going out for dinner however as soon as we sat on the lovely super king bed, I couldn't get off! We decided to order up to the room, and I'm so glad we did. All the food was extremely cheap for it being a 4* hotel, but the quality of it didn't suffer, it was just beautiful! We ordered the cheesy baguettes for starters and the shark burger for main, both one each, and a bottle of white wine and that only came to £56 including a 15% tip (you are informed of this going on automatically on the bill - although I would never argue this as after all they are bringing it to my room for me!). The shower in the bathroom is also out of this world! It is a rainfall shower and the power coming from it is lovely! Wasn't too sure whether I'd rather stay in the shower or stay in the bed! Overall I would most certainly recommend this hotel to anyone, not expensive to stay here, and you get that bit of luxury, it was just a lovely stay! Looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Never stayed in the standard double but I would definitely recommend the junior suite!
2  Thank ajs93
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here for my birthday. We stayed in the executive king suit and was absolutely gorgeous. From the minute we arrived staff were so friendly especially Debbie at reception she told us all the good places to go out and was such a lovely girl. When we got into the room there was a birhday card chocolates and wine in the kitchen area complimentary of the hotel which was a lovely touch. When we were ready the hotel called us a taxi. Everything was so perfect. Will definitely stay here again next time I go. Thanks for a perfect trip.

• Stayed: October 2013