“Sandman hotel”

Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Lovely hotel, good location and very pleasant staff. Stayed here in march 2013 as I was going to see olly murs at the metro radio arena, was within walking distance and very close to all Newcastle main attractions. Rooms were lovely and very clean. Staff were lovely and helpful

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J L
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear J L,

Many thanks for leaving such a great review of your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle.

So nice to read such great feedback – we hope you enjoyed Olly Murs!!
Hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Only stayed for one night but if I could of stayed longer I would of , friendly reception with a pleasant manner nice tidy rooms,well located to town centre and Newcastle football club overall a very good stay at a very nice hotel

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Kevf1972,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle.

Great to hear how you would have liked to have stayed longer ….. well we certainly wouldn’t have minded either!!
Sounds like you had a great time I am very glad to hear it thanks you again for your lovely feedback.

Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

As avid Newcastle United fans we pass the hotel every time we go to St. James' Park and it looks pretty good from the outside but for the moment we arrived for an overnight stay things just kept niggling. First there is no parking bay outside so you have to stop the car in mid- traffic to the frustration of commuters. The lobby is modern and quirky but our "king" room was very small having the obge sideways to get in one side of the bed. The air conditioning was so loud I had to turn it off at the wall to get some sleep, the shelf under the sink in the bathroom fell away, the tap came off in my hand and the shower in the morning was at best tepid. Breakfast is served in the bar next door which has that boozy smell and feel. We had to ask for cutlery and glasses and wait for a number of the elements of the buffet breakfast to be refreshed. The only saving grace is the location and perhaps the cleanliness of the rooms. 1 night was more than enough.

Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Passepartout1530

Dear Passepartout1530,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We view all feedback be it complimentary or critical as crucial to enhancing our commitment to customer service and hospitality.

At the rear of the hotel there is a designated drop off and pick up point designed for all arrivals or departures to come to and check in, then reception team can direct and assist with an overnight parking space located only across the street from the front entrance.

I am sorry to hear how things kept niggling from the moment you arrived I can assure you that is certainly not what we wish for you to experience please accept my sincere apologies for the items you mention above I shall investigate further into these maintenance issues and rectify where necessary.

I only hope that you will come back and have a more pleasurable experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went to Newcastle on a work overnighter at short notice. Swung a "Junior Suite" at late notice just within budget.

Reception was speedy and friendly. The decor in the communal areas is really modern and swish.

My room was the real highlight though - a separate living and kitchen area, big bedroom with comfy double bed and an ultra-modern bathroom. This would be an ideal place to base yourself if working away for a long period as I often do. The sofa is actually comfortable unlike most others in hotels that I have tried and the modern kitchen equipped for you to be able to actually cook a decent meal for yourself.

The bed area was super comfy and I was really impressed by the whole set up. Staff were excellent throughout.

I ordered room service to eat - the chicken burger was sublime!

My only downer was the bar - it's a sort of "Hooters" style place with barmaids flaunting it all over the place, screens everywhere and subdued lighting almost like a club. Fine for a stag-do or night out in a big group, but not really ideal for a quiet drink and a bite to eat. I can see why this is popular opposite St James' Park but not to my personal taste.

That said, I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travellers and weekends away.

Room Tip: Junior suites have sofa area and kitchen.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hushmore

Dear Hushmore,

‘Great Review’

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, Its great to read of how an unplanned overnight stay turned into a gem of a find for you!
And what a fantastic way to spend your first stay with us in a Junior Suite it really is like a Home from Home experience, the beds are certainly super comfy!!

It’s great to hear how impressed you were from the décor to the team they are certainly very appreciative of your kind comments.

The Shark Club Gastro Bar is one of a kind in Newcastle bringing Canadian table service into the North East this style very much reflects our Canadian roots whilst incorporating our location in proximity to St James Park Football Club. Although not to everyone’s taste it’s great to hear that you ordered room service from Shark Club and describe it as sublime! I shall pass this comment onto the chef.

We hope to see you back in the future!

Many thanks,

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Sandman is in a fantastic location - within walking distance to everything I needed. Its a shame the parking is 'complicated' across the road - £8 a day in the hotel spaces or feeding a meter £1.30 an hour in the council spaces .. but I suppose thats the problem with city centre locations. The staff were very friendly and helpful so I will forgive the fact that there were no toilet rolls when we arrived in our rather small but very clean, comfortable room. It was nice to see a modern 'slit' drainage system working to perfection in the shower rather than making the whole floor wet! And best of all not a peep from any stag/hen revellers (except the Saturday night sirens reminding you whats going on in Newcastle elsewhere) I suppose its something to do with the higher prices, but I like to think its also the good management of the hotel! Very enjoyable 2 night stay.

Room Tip: Choose higher rooms on a Saturday night
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tropicalb

Dear Tropicalb,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay, glad you found our location fantastic and found the time to explore our amazing city! I am sorry to hear that you found the car parking complicated and had a small issue of no toilet roll upon arrival I trust this would have been dealt with immediately upon notification to the front desk. I am thrilled to hear that you found the team very friendly and helpful its ‘Geordie Hospitality’ that can really make a good impression.

Many thanks for your feedback we really appreciate it!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Having stayed here last summer, we were again not disappointed! When we arrived we were informed we had been upgraded to a better room for free - no complaints there! The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The room was fantastic and the kitchen in our room was better than the one we have in our house!

Highly recommended and looking forward to my next stay already!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly M, Front Office Manager at Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Fiona C,

Wow thank you for such a fantastic review of Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle, its reviews like this that really do make us love our job and motivate us to keep providing such fantastic experiences for our guests.

Great to hear of your return visit and how you were looked after by the team – I am glad to hear of how you are already planning your return visit!

See you soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is right next to St James' Park in Newcastle and is very close to just about everything there is to see in the city. I had a very pleasant (if not exactly large) 8th floor room which was comfortable, modern and clean. The staff were really helpful and friendly at all times - not always something you find in hotels down south! I would definitely stay here again and definitely recommend the place. Newcastle is a football mad place, and when I was there the (sports) bar in the hotel was incredibly full. That may be worth considering if you plan a say here.

Room Tip: The football stadium side can be a little noisy so a lower level room might be better if you are at...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Baz27,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Sandman Signature Hotel Newcastle great to hear of your pleasant stay with us. It’s great to read of how you picked up on the great Geordie Hospitality throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully it will be a leisure stay next time and you can explore our fantastic city!

Many thanks again your feedback is greatly appreciated!!