“Great base for a night out”

and 1 more site!
The Park Gate Hotel
Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you're a group of guys and/or gals heading for a night out in Newcastle, looking for a base to put your head down at the end of the night then West Park Hotel is the place for you. Newcastle city centre is located within close proximety and you can easilly walk it in 5-10 minutes.

Don't get me wrong the place isn't well maintained, with quite alot to be desired for but for the budget concious like myself who are literally looking for somewhere to sleep then you can't go wrong!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jtrobinson
There are newer reviews for The Park Gate Hotel

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went for my boyfriends 21st! As there was a group of us we were worried we would we be noisy etc. andy couldnt have been any nicer. Provided information about where to go, phoned us taxis. The rules were dont break anything and have as much fun as u can! The lounge was available to party in before and after our night out. If your looking for a party venue close to the nightlife this is the place. We Will defo b back. Yeah the rooms weee basic and werent en suite but the toilets were no where near as bad as these people are making out! U dont need a princess pad when your partying for the weekend!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sarahp2003
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I would never stay at this hotel again, there was human waste splatted all over the rooms and cigerette ends all over the floor. The bedding wasnt washed and all the beds was broke, there was no heating and it was freezing through the whole duration of our stay. To make matters worse their is a brothel down the road where they sell ketamine. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jay H
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the great north run.
It is advertised as having parking. It doesn't. I was told to park in the public car park opposite and that it was safe and secure.
My car got really badly vandalised on the last night of my stay. The manager didn't want to know.
On top of all this, on the weekend I stopped there was an argument between a guest and the owner. Shouting, slamming doors etc.
It is cheap, but even if someone said I could stay for free I wouldn't

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EGradus
Reviewed October 11, 2012

West Park Hotel is the best place to stay if your visitng Newcastle, me and my friends travelled from Scotland for a night out and believe me we will return to this place.

Wicked Nightlife and the beds were super comfortable. We partied in the lounge as we were told we were allowed and the staff were great even tidy up after us wouldn't let us tidy up.

We were late for going out as we began the party in the lounge and couldn't get a taxi for up to an hour so the owner Andy dropped us off in his Jeep.
This lad has it all charm and looks what a laugh and he made sure us lasses were well looked after.

Andy your one in a million.

West Park is that good we are booking with Andy for December

Room Tip: We stayed on the Hotel Side
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katy H
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Well I would like to start by saying forget the bad reviews and try this place yourself it's class.
Andy and Stewart are the best people I know what sound lads helped us out so much told where to go arranged our drinks and takeaways even threw us a party in the lounge to celebrate one of the lads 21st what a place.
The beds were super comfortable and they even made us coffee in the morning to sober us up really is a place to go back to.

Andy your a top bloke and we will be returning thanks for such a good weekend

Room Tip: What ever room you choose its sound
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter J
Reviewed October 11, 2012

7 of us travelled to Newcastle for a weekend away and believe you me. The owner Andy and staff Stewart were the best. Told us to make ourselves at home and were so laid back. This place is a Gem.
As good as the nightlife is in Newcastle it was just as good in the hotel. Large Lounge and the price is amazing. We have already booked to come back in November.

Andy is such a laugh and seriously can get you anything you want made our the weekend the best ever.

Room Tip: Just ring Andy tell him want you want and he sorts it
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends