“Disgusting!”

The Park Gate Hotel
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I would never stay at this hotel again, there was human waste splatted all over the rooms and cigerette ends all over the floor. The bedding wasnt washed and all the beds was broke, there was no heating and it was freezing through the whole duration of our stay. To make matters worse their is a brothel down the road where they sell ketamine. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jay H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for the great north run.
It is advertised as having parking. It doesn't. I was told to park in the public car park opposite and that it was safe and secure.
My car got really badly vandalised on the last night of my stay. The manager didn't want to know.
On top of all this, on the weekend I stopped there was an argument between a guest and the owner. Shouting, slamming doors etc.
It is cheap, but even if someone said I could stay for free I wouldn't

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EGradus

Travelers are raving about these Newcastle upon Tyne hotels

Scotland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

West Park Hotel is the best place to stay if your visitng Newcastle, me and my friends travelled from Scotland for a night out and believe me we will return to this place.

Wicked Nightlife and the beds were super comfortable. We partied in the lounge as we were told we were allowed and the staff were great even tidy up after us wouldn't let us tidy up.

We were late for going out as we began the party in the lounge and couldn't get a taxi for up to an hour so the owner Andy dropped us off in his Jeep.
This lad has it all charm and looks what a laugh and he made sure us lasses were well looked after.

Andy your one in a million.

West Park is that good we are booking with Andy for December

Room Tip: We stayed on the Hotel Side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katy H
Southampton
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Well I would like to start by saying forget the bad reviews and try this place yourself it's class.
Andy and Stewart are the best people I know what sound lads helped us out so much told where to go arranged our drinks and takeaways even threw us a party in the lounge to celebrate one of the lads 21st what a place.
The beds were super comfortable and they even made us coffee in the morning to sober us up really is a place to go back to.

Andy your a top bloke and we will be returning thanks for such a good weekend

Room Tip: What ever room you choose its sound
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

7 of us travelled to Newcastle for a weekend away and believe you me. The owner Andy and staff Stewart were the best. Told us to make ourselves at home and were so laid back. This place is a Gem.
As good as the nightlife is in Newcastle it was just as good in the hotel. Large Lounge and the price is amazing. We have already booked to come back in November.

Andy is such a laugh and seriously can get you anything you want made our the weekend the best ever.

Room Tip: Just ring Andy tell him want you want and he sorts it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
london
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The first thing to say is that it isnt really a hotel. Closer to a hostel really. And a bad one at that.

I booked a 'suite' at £55. The room featured a tiny TV which couldnt receive BBC channels.

A bedside lamp, with nowhere to plug it in.

A shower in the room itself (including soap from the previous occupant)

Paper thin walls which allowed me to hear the detail of the conversation of the neighbours when they came in at 4am and chatted for an hour.

The staff seemed friendly although I dont know really as they just pretty much threw the key at me when I arrived. And they knocked on my door late at night to ask if I was Ben and had booked a taxi.

I found the reception lounge not very welcoming and the staff hadnt explained whether or not i could use the facilities/make coffee.

I dont think I'll go back.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Debandada
penicuik
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked this "hotel" through "Go Bananas" hen weekends packages and were told it would be ensuite. It was more like a hostel and we shared a dirty toilet with several other guests. The shared shower room was along the corridor and the shower was hanging off the wall and did not lock so we didnt attempt to use it The room itself was very basic but i was lucky enough to have a comfortable clean bed but one of the other beds in the room was on the verge of collapse. There was a dirty sink in the corner and several suspicious looking stains over the walls. In the morning there were items of dirty clothing and shoes strewn along the corridors and the reception area was littered with empty bottles and dirty ashtrays from the previous night. We had attempts from other guests to enter our room during the night and didnt feel safe at all. The only plus point for this so called hotel is the location as you can walk to the centre in about 15 mins. I would highly recommend you avoid this place if you want somewhere even half decent to stay. We paid £35 for one night with no bathroom and no breakfast and could have had so much better for the money. I am not a fussy person and have never felt the need to write a review on here before but i felt this was necessary to ensure others dont make the same mistake.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends