“Good concept”

Escobars Rodizio Bar And Grill
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an all you can eat Brazilian Steakhouse with fantastic quality cuts of meat, grilled to perfection on our special Churrasco.Also included is a salad bar with around fifteen different dishes all prepared that same day coupled with four or five hot dishes(rice, Brazilian beans etc..)Everything is on a set price menu and its great for the kids too...
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This restaurant has a good concept - you sit at your table and staff come around with skewers of meat. If you have your card turned green then they will come to you to serve. It's awesome if you can't decide what meat to have and you like a lot of it. The servers come around with various types of meat and place them into a little bowl. Your plate is yours to fill with as much salad. The choice of salad is very good, not just your basic icebergs and cucumber. I particularly liked the mint onions and the peri peri sauce. You can also have couscous, hot rice, hot chilli con carne.
Obviously at £16 per person, to get your money's worth, you're going to need to pace yourself. It's no good going in hungry and filling up on the salad and having only sampled one of the meats. When I went, the place seemed busy and took a while for the meat to arrive. So I suggest just lightly snacking on the salad until you feel you've sampled the lot.
My only problem with this restaurant is that although the staff (some) were friendly enough, I felt awkward somehow, just sitting there waiting for bits of meat. Speaking of staff, I found 2 members of staff to let the rest down, one girl was speaking so loud in Portuguese (?) and the tone seemed it wasnt suitable for the shop floor, and another girl when asking the people behind me if they'd like any chips and musnt have had a reply, I heard her walking away saying "well f**k you then"... Kind of added to the awkwardness.

Bottom line, for £16 each, yeah its a nice one off for the novelty, but at that price i'd rather go for quality and still be full for a much lower price elsewhere.

1  Thank cheesecaketeapot

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went here last night and, having had these experiences in Rio, found it be fab!
Great salad bar with hot food thrown in and with some cracking sauces.
Meat consisted of: sirloin, rump, topside, fillet as well as pork loin, gammon and sausage. Tasty, lean and perfectly cooked (med rare). There was even hot pineapple on the skewer.
Staff were brill - fun and engaging. The supply of meat just kept coming and we were encouraged to keep eating!
Really good. Can't wait to go again!

1  Thank haywa_s
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you love large quantities of meat, this is the place to go.

It is not outstanding quality, however this is not what you are paying for, its the selection.

Very friendly staff who rotate the order in which you are served the meat, so you never miss out.

1  Thank Jonesyy
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went here while lookign for somethign for dinner int he Metrocentre. We really wanted to try something unusual rather than going to the chain places that can be visited anywhere.

Firstly, I have to say I found the service excellent. The waiters were attentive and friendly and my daughter enjoyed helping with the carving.

As for the food, well no complaints. The salad bar was lovely and had such a great variety that it was hard not to fiill up on it! It is a step above the more common salad bars that you get in Harveters and Pizza Hut and tasted fresh. It also included chili, rice and potatoes.

The meat was of course the star of the show. The gammon in particular was delicious but i also loved the different marinated pork kebabs which were full of flavour and the chicken was wonderful. The meat just kept on coming and it was all very tasty.

I would definitely come here again if I were in the area but next time I will make sure that I haven't eaten for a while first!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We decided to give Escobars in the Metro centre a go, Sadly all was not as we had hoped!

We arrived today around 1.30 so outside of the lunchtime rush and it was not to busy. We were politly and promptly taken to our table and the waitress explained the options available. Without any hesitation we went for the £12.95 per person full monty option and ordered our drinks (wine and soda plus a lemonade). The drinks arrived a white wine and a diet coke. However we let that go.

We helped our selves to the salad bar buffet which is excellent and waited as promised for the waiters to bring the many choices of meat around, and we waited and we waited...

The other diners apperared to be getting equally sick of waiting as each table tried to "catch the eye" of the waiter with the meat. When you were successful the delicious meat came. However, we were frequently left as were other diners waiting for a long time for the "meat waiter" to come past. 2 out of 5 times they missed you out and went back to the kitchen. At times I saw waiters come out with meat look around and go back with out serving!
We were promised chicken, beef, lamb, pork, sausage and gammon. We never saw the pork or lamb and only go a glance of the sausage as by the time he got close to our table they had ran out.

We were sat close to the till and many people complained about not getting meat. When it came to our turn my wife polity explained to the woman at the till what had happened she apologised and said wait a moment. We thought she had gone to consult with someone and we expected an apology and a reduction on the bill. On her return she said nothing. My wife said did you tell them and she said yes and again told us what we had to pay.

In summary great tasting food when you got it but very very poor service and we wont be going back.

3  Thank Anastie