“Indifferent service lets it down”
Review of Babucho

Babucho
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went with my son for his birthday. Booked in advance and let them know, with request to be attentive of birthday. Despite presents and cards on the table not one member of staff wished him happy birthday. Had to ask twice for the bill. Staff too busy chatting despite there being so few customers in early lunchtime.
Food nice, not sublime. At £44 for two mains, one dessert and a coffee, one cocktail and a soft drink overpriced.

1  Thank femina_pulchra
Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food, attentive staff, the only thing that let it down was grubby cutlery. My husband and I had roast beef dinner which was very nice, nice roasties and Yorkshire pudding and the sticjy toffee pudding was very well recommended.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Had the opportunity to try this place out on a business trip. Service was 1st class, friendly and welcoming. The place is stylish and well laid out.
Great menu and wine selection, food prepared well and served without delay. Certainly would recommend Babucho for a romantic meal.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was so excited to come to this restaurant as I had heard so many great reviews and Newcastle just seemed to be buzzing about it. We went on a Friday evening for dinner, was around 8pm, we were seated and our drinks order was taken promptly and served. We had decided to have a main and a dessert, in which we had waited over an hour for it to come and when my main arrived (Chicken Milanese) I could tell by looking at it, that it was over cooked. While attempting to cut it I managed to knock things off the table, it was so tough and dry and after trying one bite I called for the waitress. Once I told her it was over cooked she got the manager promptly, he asked if I would like it replaced or an alternative; at which point I stated that had taken over an hour so how long was my next meal going to take? He then began to tell me my food hadn't taken so long and that I was mistaken (after the waitress had already came over to us earlier explaining of a mix up and the delay), but I was wrong of course. He then took my plate back to the open kitchen where each chef proceeded to stare at me and then the plate! I received my replacement around 10mins or so later and it was great, only downside with that dish is the tomato spaghetti has no flavour. After our mains we then decided to share a dessert as we were rather full, we ordered from the waitress and began to wonder 25mins later if they were making our chocolate cake, as the waitress was wondering around talking to other staff and placing cutlery on the empty tables. The manager must have noticed how fed up we were and came over to ask what we were waiting for, after telling him he then ran to the kitchen to get our order. The dessert was wonderful, would recommend. The manager came over when we were finished and asked if we had enjoyed our evening, normally I do not complain in restaurants, but I asked him if he would like my honest opinion; in which he did. I came to this restaurant because of word of mouth, my main took far too long, it was not up to standard the first time, the dessert was fabulous....when we got it and overall the service is better in McDonalds! He then offered us a free drink in the bar, but as we were both driving we declined, he then offered us a soft drink, which I thought was just rude! We did not get any money off our bill which you would generally expect, but he did run off and came back with an envelope. It had £20 of vouchers in, which I still have and would never use as I would never go back!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Me and my family have visited Babucho on a number of occasions,mostly for Sunday lunch. We have always found the staff friendly and very helpful, nothing is to much bother for them.The restaurant, Bar area and toilets are always spotlessly clean.We have never been let down with the food which has always been fabulous especially the Sunday lunch.You are never rushed away when you have finished your meal [ unlike other restaurants I've been to] Even the bar area where you can sit and have drinks only, is nice. Highly recommend this restaurant and bar.