“Modern & welcoming, will definately visit again when in Newcastle!”
Review of Babucho

Babucho
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Modern & welcoming, will definately visit again when in Newcastle!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We dined here early evening on Friday 19th April, having travelled down from Glasgow to take my son to the WWE Wrestling. Every aspect was faultless, front of house- very welcoming, our waiter, Jason, was wonderful, attentive and very good with my little boy, engaging him in conversation & a bit of a carry on! My son had the kids cod & chips, which was very good and proper cod, not mushed up & reformed! I opted for the seabass special on Jason's recommendation and was not disappointed! Seabass wrapped in Parma ham cooked to perfection, accompanied by crab mousse & rocket was delicious. Unfortunately never sampled desert as someone was too excited and wanted to get to the arena!! The whole place is immaculate & loos are sparkling (always a good sign!!) Overall a very good experience, excellent staff, lovely ambience and lovely surroundings. Thanx!

• Greek first
“Excellent choice and will go back”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Took clients to this restaurant and there was a group of 10, booked the party menu at 25.95 a head, sharing platters to start then choice of main and sharing dessert, the food was fantastic and every member of staff was happy friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great and the food was fantastic i cannot think of anything negative to say, everybody had a great time service wine and food were faultless

Durham, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is one of the nicest restaurants I have been to the food was yummy and the service great, value was good too a must try when in the area ,

• Visited March 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I tried this place with my husband and 7yr old daughter after a days shopping around Newcastle. We were laden down with bags and the staff kindly put our bags into a side room so they weren't under our table. The décor is very stylish and they have an open kitchen with a huge pizza oven which is a nice touch. Our meals were all lovely and it was good value for money. Would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
Consett
“Excellent night out !”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went out with friends and opted for an early tea.
People should be aware that this isn't a restaurant you can just hope there is a table free as there won't be ! Reservations are a must.
Decor is opulence and decadent.
Choice of menu is vast to satisfy every taste from pasta to burgers to fish and pizza.
I had the fried calamari to start which was lush. Our friends say the chicken livers are to die for as a starter. For main I had king prawn skewers with raisin rice, again was lovely just a little too spicey for me but I still enjoyed it. My hubby had a calzone and he said it was the best he had ever had. For dessert I had the profiteroles with warm chocolate sauce. It was lush.
Prices are reasonable and if you don't want to dine, they have slovenly bar to sip cocktails in too.
Excellent place for a good atmosphere, staff are very attentive, polite and friendly
Can't wait to visit again !!