“Food salty and lots of encouragement to purchase drinks. Fun night tho”
Review of Babucho

Babucho
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Good value, stayer salty, prawns not very nice but linguine tasty. Pizza good, burger average drinks good value.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went for lunch, food and experience was great. Would definetly go back....worth travelling down the extra 5 mins from the monument restaurants. :D

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We found this restaurant by chance and were glad we came across it. We were in Newcastle for the football and went down to the quays after the game. They were fully booked but we had a table for one and a half hours which was fine as we had teenagers with us and they wanted to go back to the hotel. The menu was absolutely fantastic for us as its wide and varied and suited our 4 very different tastes. I can highly recommend the sea bass which my husband and I both had, it was fantastic. The service was excellent and the prices very reasonable considering the quality of the food. We plan to return to Newcastle next season with the football and will definitely return but will book next time, a great evening to celebrate our team beating Newcastle, thank you Babucho !

1  Thank welshlady61_11
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The location of the restaurant is great, just up from the Quayside. The service was ok, they could have been a bit more attentive though - considering the place was almost empty.
I must say, I wouldnt like to eat here when its full as the tables are too close together and can imagine it would be very noisy.
Food was average, really nothing to write home about. In my opinion, overpriced for what you get. There are plenty places further up the road that offer more value for money.
My advice would be to go when its quiet

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I visited Babucho for the first time last Saturday just as a walk-in from Dean Street. On a very sloping street in Newcastle, surrounded by equally cool bars and restaurants both above and below, Babucho is very well situated to go out with someone or a group of people and have a good night.

The night didn't get off to get a good start, as when my girlfriend and I walked in the the host spoke to another member of staff right in front of us for at least 5 minutes before finally acknowledging us. After this though everything was very nice. The decor is expensive, with dark woods throughout and candles placed on every table. We waited at the bar while our table was prepared and they had an extensive cocktail menu which was reasonable in price (I think around £5.90 for a daiquiri). When we sat down at our table we were offered the menu which again had plenty of choice; plenty of italian classics, with also plenty of meat options - lamb shanks, steaks, duck etc.

I opted for the duck with mashed potato and gravy which was delicious (my girlfriend ate more of this than her own!) and my girlfriend had the stuffed chicken with cheese. Both were very tasty and well cooked. The staff were very friendly when serving food and made sure to check back often. For a city centre restaurant Babucho is very nice and I will be sure to return!