“A place to go to if you like the story my secret garden”
Review of Flat Caps Coffee - CLOSED

Flat Caps Coffee
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Multi-award winning small coffee shop. The focus is definitely on coffee but we also offer a range of sandwiches, salads, soups and cakes depending on the season. We've built a reputation for doing some of the best coffee in the region whilst also working very hard to make your visit enjoyable with great service too.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

the place was very discrete under a shop that sells things like candles and so on and down their was a minim menu but very god food and very well served and you do not need to worry about talking over people

1  Thank Lauren D

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Best coffee in the north east (not to mention 4th best in the country), welcoming staff and delicious cake. Where else would you go?

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ordered coffee a lemonade and two toasties which came to £12, it took around 20 minutes for the coffee to come and there was no milk or sugar brought out with it, nor was there any on the table or at the till. It then took a further 15 minutes after the coffee had arrived for the two toasties to come out, and the one I got wasn't even what I had ordered. Unfortunately we didn't have another half an hour to spend waiting for a replacement so I just had to eat it. I shan't be going back again and I would not recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Jenny_11234
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Heard about this place a few times so thought I'd try it out.... There were 5 other people there when I entered.... Seems nice, if a little quiet with strange New World sounds filtering down from the shop above. I ordered a double espresso.... And sat to wait..... And wait.....and wait......and wait...... and 20 minutes later I was still waiting..... The 2 staff behind the counter were very carefully slicing something and taking small sips of coffee themselves as they did so.... They must be the most laid back staff in the world, noooooo hurry..... But hey, after 30mins - was wondering if it would have been quicker to go our to Costa Rica and collect my beans myself....... Eventually it arrived, and I do have to say I have never tasted a better espresso machiato.... No really, it couldn't be faulted. But oh please please....try and look after your customers a little better in future.... I may return if I have time on my hands because the coffee is so good....however....... You know the rest!

1  Thank scunner67
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went here after reading the rave reviews. I found the coffee good but not startlingly so, the atmosphere OK and the service efficient but certainly not warm and welcoming.