“Fab food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Excellent bockwurst melt juicy with fantastic onions and cheese with chunky proper chips .. Friendly staff warm welcome and coffee very good too !!

1  Thank Maxie111

Reviewed January 27, 2014

On a recent visit to Thyme square cafe in Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne I was very impressed by the friendly staff, extensive menu & marvellous food. We soon realised that all the food was cooked fresh with fresh ingredients. A healthy portion size also makes for excellent value for money. We have now made frequent visits to Thyme square & would highly recommend this cafe to anyone.

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were visiting Newcastle today to meet family and, after horrible drive up the A1 in pouring rain, the Thyme Square cafe (chosen after reading the reviews) was just what we needed. A friendly welcome, hot drinks and an excellent Sunday lunch - roast pork and a vegetarian option, with stuffing, Yorkshire pudding and lots of vegetables, all at very reasonable prices.
We could do with something similar in Harrogate!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Although recommended to me many months ago I have just made my first visit to this little cafe. Why did I leave it so long? Called in for Sunday lunch which was without doubt the finest I have tasted. I chose the chicken which was cooked to perfection and accompanied with roast potatoes, four veg, sausage, Yorkshire pudding and lashings gravy. The staff were lovely. I will be back.

1  Thank mazonthetyne
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We are regular visitors to the Thyme Square Cafe and know that you always get a great meal at reasonable prices with guaranteed great service but I had to spread the word on the boys recent success. On my last visit I sampled the pork burger which being a self confessed burger connoisseur proved to the best burger I've had in the UK and only second to the burgers I recently sampled in the USA.

What a result, cheers lads!!

1  Thank Iain19967