“Tremendous Full English Breakfast”
Review of Thyme Square Cafe

Thyme Square Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Me and the Wife frequent this cafe for our breakfast and are always happy with the quality of food, service and friendly welcome you encounter from the owner's. The atmosphere is relaxing and the selection of magazine's and newspaper's to read is a nice touch. We have also been here for our lunch and had a meal off the board, and this was also reasonably priced and of high quality. We will be back soon for another quality breakfast.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Called in for a Saturday lunch with our 5 year old daughter, as soon aswe were through the door we realised that it was going to be good. The tables are well set out and there is a very comfortable and welcoming ambience, a small but interesting menu offering great value, the choice was so good that we'll have to return o sample the rest. I had the Brooklyn Bomber a tasty jalepeno chicken melt burger which touched the spot so well, my partner had a tasty all day breakfast, and a cheese salad sandwich for the little one. We can't wait to return for their Sunday lunch menu.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is one of my local cafes. The staff are incredibly friendly and the service is great. The food is also good and they are happy to alter things and accommodate fussy eaters! Price is also excellent for the quality of the food. Only 2 down points are that 1 the atmosphere is a little disappointing. Maybe it's the decoration - it's not very cosy and the seats can be a bit uncomfortable especially sitting on the window seat and secondly the coffee isn't great, I usually have to order tea. Still, would thoroughly recommend it to any local who has had a heavy night down at the Brandling Villa!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I go to Thyme Square regularly after a work-out at the gym opposite with a group of friends and can only say that it is the best café/bistro I have ever visited in the UK. Numerous types of coffee on offer plus really fresh orange juice and, best of all, at Sunday lunchtime, clients can 'brown bag' in a bottle of wine. Initially they decided to charge corkage on this until I pointed out that the wine was screw top! They took this on board with good humour and no corkage is now charged, as far as I know.

As a group, some of us just have coffee or tea, others toast and the best jam in town, and the hungriest of us have dishes from the blackboard. I can recommend the homemade soup in a huge bowl and the wonderful cakes on offer (to take out too) and the meals are varied, of the highest quality and extremely generous portions. Shame that they no longer open in the evenings through lack of custom and I have yet to try their breakfasts but have noticed that they are busy earlier in the morning.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Fantastic Food, Fantastic Service. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants good home made food. Staff were very friendly and also met the Chef who explained that he sourced all produce locally and when I asked if I could have something different that was not on the menu he was very obliging.

This will be a regular place for me to go now.

A well hidden gem!