“Very good place to chillout and dine.....if you can get a table!”
Review of Allards Lounge

Allards Lounge
Ranked #244 of 1,330 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: various dishes but mainly English
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very good establishment for food and drink, a vast menu of attractive dishes at a reasonable price, however the place is very limited in space so it can be difficult to get a table to wine and dine.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I rated Allard's a 3 despite being astonished at their lack of knowledge in two areas that should be taken as a given in any established that serves wine and coffee, because the quality of their food is good and the floor staff tend to be quite friendly (not so much the bar staff). First, please learn what an Americano is. If I wanted a filter coffee I would ask for one. And the coffee is not good, once it was so terrible the three of us at the table thought something had been done to it. Maybe the machine needed cleaning. Go to Gareth James or Dil and the Bear across the street if you're looking for a high quality cup. Second, we took colleagues out for a night at Allard's and ordered tapas and a bottle of wine. It was plunked on our table and the server walked away. The bottle wasn't shown for confirmation, there was no taste poured, no glasses poured for everyone else. We were embarrassed that we took our colleagues to a place where the staff didn't know basic bottle service. This isn't a lot to ask, it's fundamental stuff.

1  Thank CordonRouge11
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We've eaten at Allards Lounge nearing on 10 times now. It's a top little spot and good for just about any occasion. I've taken staff, parents, girlfriend, met pals, even popped in with the dog (who I should add is a small dog, well groomed and even better behaved!) My review title sums it up so I don't think I need add any more than that. Go see for yourself.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Had my first visit to Allards this afternoon; very impressed.

A well decorated, airy setting, with friendly staff.

We shared some of the tapas items, going for the chips (chunky, home cooked), with the steak skewers in a peppercorn sauce as well as the lemon chicken with sesame seeds.

Each item was exceptionally well cooked, the steak in particular with a beautiful sauce.

A really friendly place with great staff.

Will be returning.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Returned a 2nd time to find same dog yapping it terrified a child who had to be taken outside and the whole family ate their breakfast in the cold disgraceful !!! The staff helped move their food outside!!!! the couple with the dog should have been asked to go outside poor management and extremely rude and ignorant dog owners !!!! 100% certain family won't return or me either

1  Thank Tim L