“My favourite place to spend an afternoon!! Stunning!”
Review of Allards Lounge

Allards Lounge
Ranked #268 of 1,292 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: various dishes but mainly English
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I absolutely love Allards in Tynemouth. This bar reminds me of any of the stylish bars you would see in a great film, or Sex and the city!

It has stylish interior, great music and excellent staff!

I adore the black skull and cross bones wallpaper, and the beautiful chandelier.

The tapas is gorgeous and really reasonably priced.

I also love the wine glasses at Allards. Nice and large to enjoy a good red wine!

Ill be back soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Really lovely bar/restaurant. You must arrive early to get a table. Myself and a few work colleagues arrived at 6pm and the place was choc a block already.

Food is lovely with lots of choice, meals or tapas. We decided on meals and were impressed by the standard. I chose seasonal pie (steak) and smoked mash. Absollutely delicious and the only slight criticism would be that it would have been nice to have a few veg on the side, you probably had to order this as an extra. Prices are reasonable and the place itself has a lovely ambience. Staff were attentive and courteous. Perfect for a relaxed evening.... give it a try

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Love Allards and dogs, however, not keen that they are allowed into somewhere that food is served and less keen that they are allowed to sit on the seats. Even so, this is my fave bar in Tynemouth.

2  Thank ptaws
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited Allards on Sunday for the second time. The first time we visited my drink arrived as my partner was finishing his, very slow service, no apology offered by the staff. We decided to give the bar another chance, thinking we may have been unlucky the first time. I ordered a cocktail which was beautiful however Allards again let themselves down by ignoring us until we left, when a member of staff came running after us to say we hadn't paid. Needless to say we had, if they'd bothered to do a basic check before implying their customers are thieves this feedback could have been avoided. No apology offered again for their mistake. We will not be going back and wouldn't recommend Allards to anyone.

1  Thank EleanorS7
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Spent a few hours here with my work colleagues for our Christmas Party. I was fairly drunk when we arrived and completely legless by the time we left so I can't remember a lot, however I do know we all had a good time! The cocktails were lush, not sure what mine was called but I asked the barmaid for the strongest they had if that's any help, it comes with a lime on top which is set on fire which might give you another clue. I chomped down on frogs legs which I remember taking quite some time to arrive. They were quite tasty but not what I expected. Quite bony. Overall I really enjoyed my evening here - as did everyone else and I'd definitely return but perhaps starting off sober!