“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My Husband and I ate at the White Swan today for Sunday lunch. Staff nice and friendly even though they were very busy. The food and drinks were served quickly. We both had the roast beef which was very nice and the vegetables were done perfectly.
We followed this with Baileys Cheesecake and hubby had the treacle sponge with lashings of lovely custard. Overall a very enjoyable lunch and will certainly be back again.

• Visited July 2013

Ponteland, United Kingdom
“On a Whim!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I dropped in because I was passing at 1.20. The place was busy but still there was a seat. The welcome was warm, the smell of food very tasty and lots of people enjoying their meal.

I was taken to my table by a young man who came back about 3 minutes' later to take my order drink. Then a young woman to take my lunch order.

The food arrived not fast but not slow and was delicious. The steak was was tender and cooked as ordered, the chips crunchy, the mushrooms yummy and the peas cooked well. I had ordered the red wine sauce that was full-flavoured. The prawns (I had ordered the surf and turf) were tender and garlicky (just how I like them). As usual in this county, the portion was large and I couldn't do justice to it.

There is a large car park and a large outside patio with big umbrellas. It is full of pots of flowers and on a dull day, bright and cheerful.

I will be going again when in the area.

• Visited May 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“We keep going back for more”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This has become one of our favourite places to eat and it's somewhere we've taken family and friends to for special occasions.
It's in a lovely location and makes a nice stop off as part of a nice drive.
The staff are second to none, helpful, friendly, willing to accommodate requests wherever possible.
There's a great choice of food and everything is very reasonably priced. We've had a few week day evening deals which means you can have a three course meal for under £13 per person.
Food is always served quickly and is lovely. Any allergy requests which is an issue for me are dealt with - no problems. Really recommend the Sunday lunch!
There's a nice outside area too with a pond and lovely plants. The décor inside is pleasant and all round there's nothing bad I can say.

• Visited March 2013
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

What a smashing place this is.It is set in a lovely place and the food is of a great standard, Staff are really good ,,eager and willing to please,We had three different meals and they were all top class, and the sweets were just beauty

I suppose being a bit out of town does not make as popular as it should be , but well worth a visit..

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Oerfect Picture”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

How lovely it was yo have not only good food, but also interesting decor. The paintings hanging around the walls have been done by local artists which the owner has collected over the years. The decor compliments the food and the food compliments the decor. Very interesting and very enjoyable. Full marks.

• Visited November 2012