“When I saw this on here I actually laughed out loud”
Review of The Blue Carpet

The Blue Carpet
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This should only be listed as an attraction to serve as a warning. It wasn't much good when it was new; 12 years haven't improved matters. I wouldn't cross the road to see this. It's faded with the odd tile replaced which serves only to highlight the state of the rest of it. I think the council are just waiting fur everyone to forget how much they spent on it before they pull it up. Can't be long now.

On the plus side it is free so you can walk about on it to your heart's content. Top value I guess

2  Thank lightlyTravelledGuy

Reviewed January 11, 2013

the carpet has become threadbare, time to take it up and replace with a more visual piece of art, most visitors don't even notice it

1  Thank offquay
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I just didn't like it. I couldn't see the point of the money spent on it. I'm sure the money could have been better spend on something else.

1  Thank AILSA S
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is somewhere I walk across regularly and never fail to wonder why Newcastle Council thought it a good idea to waste so much money on something which looks absolutely nothing. Can't imagine anyone actually going to see this.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

not sure what its all about. an art attempt which looks reallt dated. maybe thats the point