“Awe inspiring!”

Life Science Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: For a great day out in Newcastle upon Tyne, look no further than the Life Science Centre with exhibitions, events, theatre shows and the biggest planetarium in the North of England! We’re an award-winning Science Centre full of exciting exhibitions, activities and events for all ages. Our programme changes regularly so there’s always a new reason to visit. And remember - everything is included in the price of admission.Life is an educational charity; we do not receive public funding. All money raised from ticket prices helps us achieve our charitable objectives - to get people of all ages switched on to science and to raise standards in science education. We couldn't do this without your support, so THANK YOU.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awe inspiring!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

My nephew and I were in complete awe of this exhibition and ended up there for a full 4.5 hours. Worth every penny! A must see on the bucket list.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Body worlds exhibition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

First visit here and we had a great afternoon. I have never seen anything like the body worlds exhibition, it was amazing!

Durham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Brilliant Body Worlds!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you see just one exhibition this year, make it this one.....

This was our first visit to the Life Centre and we came especially to see Dr Gunter's display. This fascinating, intriguing, thought-provoking and stunning exhibit is one of the best I've ever seen. We went for lunch afterwards and couldn't stop talking about it. To see the human body like that was simply amazing. I'm sure my jaw hit the floor a couple of times.

Some have complained about the entrance fee - I booked online and paid £21.70 for two adults. I thought that was a fair price as this exhibition is included along with plenty of other things to see and do such as 4D motion ride, planetarium, kids zone, DNA exhibition etc.

The only thing I found a little strange was where the restaurant was - you actually have to walk through it when you come out of body worlds and to get the to the 4D ride. Very odd. Couldn't comment on prices etc. as we had lunch booked elsewhere.

Overall a great morning spent.

1 Thank puddleduck2
yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great family day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited this attraction on Monday 18th September, with two children aged 11 and 10. The interactive area on entry was absolutely enlightening to the children. But my main praise must be for the body works exhibition. It wasn't until l realised that they were real people who had left their bodies to this doctor to do his thing, that it actually hit me to what l was looking at. This might not be to all tastes but l was blown away, mesmerised and awe struck. I can't recommend this highly enough.

“Body Worlds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

I visited here on my 18th Birthday. Being interested in Biology and Chemistry meant I was fascinated by the Inside DNA exhibition, however even having studied these to A level I was still abit confused by them - however many children seemed to be enjoying the interactivity and the games. My favourite part of the exhibition was the Body Worlds, seeing the foetus was brilliant - I hadn't even contemplated the size of them before hand when they had a heartbeat. Wasn't overly impressed with the Google Xprize screening, seemed to last abit too long and wasn't very interesting.