“You can't go wrong for VFM”

Portofinos Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 1,326 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visit Portofinos 2 or 3 times a month, the simple reason is that it is such value for money!
The lunch time special is great value and always consistent in quality and quantity.
The restaurant has a nice feel to it and very friendly staff.
Give it a go, take a break from shopping and pop in !

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to Portofina for lunch last Thursday. I had never been before and was very impressed with the quality of the food and the excellent service.I would definately go again perhaps trying it in the evening unusual decor which lent it a reather old world charm.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

my wife and I had sunday lunch here yesterday and have to say that we were both pretty impressed by the staff attentiveness the quality of the food and the sheer ambience of the restaurant. If you are visitng newcastle upon tyne i would highly reccomend this place.
on the downside though I would offer a little advice to the proprietors which may help customer satisfaction just that little bit more .
there are no draught products at the bar here only bottled beers which are a touch too expensive also the sunday lunch does not have any stuffing to go with your roast chicken .... this is considered a crime here in newcastle upon tyne so please for the sake of us geordies get some stuffing ......ps i shall return ......

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Lovely restaurant, amazing interior, Great food. What more can you ask for? I had spaghetti Gamberini for my main and Tiramisu for dessert. Lovely laidback but still busy atmosphere. I went here on my first visit to Newcastle and I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Ab45
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This restaurant was a short walk from our hotel, had a lovely atmosphere, a very good food selection to suit all diners and food was very tasty.
The service was very speedy and the food was lovely and hot, I thought it was very good value for both of us enjoying the starters and mains a lot. Will definitely go back