Clifton House Hotel
Village Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$61
$104
$74
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$100
$88
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$77
$57
  • Breakfast included
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$79
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$60
HIExpress.com
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$55
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$82
$65
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$98
$94
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We first stayed at Clifton House Hotel in 2004 and were very pleased with our stay that we have kept going back. The staff are very welcoming and our room comfortable and clean. The breakfast was excellent with a wide range of choice. Perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allanandann
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Every time I vist Newcastle I will book into The Clifton Hotel in Newcastle. I had a great experience the time and first time I was there is 2011. The Hotel is located a walk away from the city centre But a good walk to the town will do you good. This is not a negative to me The hotel is very nice looking hotel and is warm and friendly when you arrive and during your stay.The Breakfast is very nice and loads to choose from. I will be going again this year : )

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AndrewMedcalf
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had a great experience in this hotel. We had a very warm welcome and all the staff were very attentive. Room was clean and comfortable with a good bathroom. Breakfast was very good with an excellent choice and served very efficiently. The location was ideal for us being near the cycle route but also within easy reach of restaurants and if needed the city centre.The hotel is exactly as pictured on the website and was excellent value for the city location. The onyly wierd thing was the scones included in the breakfast- but in a good way- they were delicious!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The room was a short bus journey of say 10 mins into city centre but bus stop was a 10 min walk up a slight hill but if fit enough you can walk into the city

i was handed 2 keys in which one set was for your room and another for when
you were leaving the hotel, then you left that set of keys behind the foyer and collected
as you got back into the hotel and this lets the owners know when your out
so as cleaner can clean your room

I found this hotel was quiet at night time in which helped get a good sleep
the room was overlooking the car park i was in

I stayed here in a single room and the bathroom and shower was just across from my room
on the same floor which was handy in the morning for a shower
and then breakfast was good afterwards to set me on my day

Tea and coffee making facilities was at hand in my room also as was tv
All in all clean and quiet and nothing bad to say really apart from better only if u can get a hotel
for similiar price closer to the city centre but again this may well be noisier

whereas this was quiet ..All in all was good ..

Room Tip: The best part of this stay for me was the tranquility of this setting and all in all as sais in my review all was fine with no problems whatsoever , i payed for my room as i arrived cash down but good job i had cash on hand as i thought Booking.com had taken the money which they do not from my card details ..All in all was fine , no problems ..
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We found this hotel on the internet, and it came highly recommended. It did not disappoint! We were in Newcastle for a birthday weekend, and the Clifton House Hotel really helped to make it perfect. The room was immaculate, and had a lovely view over the garden. Staff were friendly, and the owner especially went out of her way to accommodate us, recommending restaurants and the best places to visit. Also great value for money, with extremely reasonably priced rooms.
When we next go to Newcastle, this hotel is top of our list of places to stay!!

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view over the garden.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family