My husband and I managed to wrangle a free night's accommodation at Malmaison by opening a new credit card with First Direct. We absolutely loved this hotel. We stayed in room 207 which was a huge corner room - it did face the back of the hotel but this did not bother us as we spent the evening walking along the Quayside and taking in the views from Millennium Bridge.
The reception and bar staff were lovely and friendly. As I am heavily pregnant I asked for an unalcoholic cocktail and they came up with something just to my liking.
My husband made full use of the gym, but unfortunately we were unable to make use of the Spa as it was fully booked. Warning - ring in advance for appontments. The parking was particularly good value at £2 per 24 hours. Previous stays at other Newcastle hotels have amounted to nearly £15 in parking fees.
I was surprised to read that another reviewed could not find many restaurants nearby - within a 5 minute walk I would state that there are dozens of restaurants - all different types and price ranges. We ate at the Living Room on Greys Road, and had a wonderful experience - the staff, service and food were all excellent.
All in all we had a fabulous stay, and I could not recommend Malmaison highly enough (we have stayed in a number of Mals, and they have never ceased to impress us!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne