WINNER WONDERLAND

“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN NEWCASTLE” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Malmaison Newcastle

Malmaison Newcastle
Redcar, United Kingdom
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN NEWCASTLE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

We took advantage of a special offer for a nights stay and dinner with wine. The hotel is still very good, after not staying for a while.
It is in a great location. The staff are all excellent, efficient and friendly.
The food was to really high standard and reasonably priced.
Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a room view over the river and bridges.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank BAILES2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Mal Newcastle is in a great location on the Quayside with superb views up and down the River Tyne. Rooms very comfortable and well equipped. Very friendly and helpful staff. Hip and stylish so some people may find it a little dark in places.

Good bar and a great breakfast too! Highly recommended

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side have stunning views of the Tyne Bridge
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

My parents and I stayed in this hotel in July for my birthday and graduation. My parents had booked a superior room while I had opted for the standard room.

The hotel is extremely well located, right on the Quayside in Newcastle opposite the Millenium bridge. As it was my birthday, fortunately it meant that I was rewarded with a wonderful view of the bridge in a fabulous room on the second floor. My parents were also on the second floor, and their room was absolutely huge!

The rooms were immaculately clean, as were the public areas including the hotel lobby, restaurant and the Starbucks coffee shop. The toiletries in the room were of a very high quality, and the bathroom was very sleek and modern. The beds were comfortable as were the extra seats in the room, especially the chaise longue in my parents' room.

Breakfast was wonderful, we had all opted for bed and breakfast. The option gave us the continental breakfast, but we happily paid the £2 upgrade to the hot breakfast option. The eggs royale were absolutely fantastic!

All in all, the stay was wonderful, and my parents and I will most definitely be returning at some point in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at the as a last minute trip, decided a couple of hours before we went. We normally stay in the village but hey now it's here. Place is amazing, looks like a London boutique hotel from the outside. Amazing bar. Restaurant and staff, just couldn't fault it at all. We are returning next weekend as the £99 deal is amazing

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leighanne75
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on 10th august as an anniversary treat and I have to say I'm so glad we did. The girl on reception was so friendly and we immediately felt at home. I had told the hotel at the time of booking that it was for our wedding anniversary and when we arrived at our superior millennium bridge view room (521) they had put rose petals on the bed and left a card and vouchers for a free cocktail from the bar each. The view of the bridge was spectacular. The full size toiletries were great too, the only thing that let it down were that the pillows were far too soft and both me and my husband had stuff necks the next day. The hotel is very darkly decorated with purple running throughout but I found it very modern. It was spotlessly clean both in the room and the public areas. The bar was good too with a wide range of cocktails and lots of intimate seating areas. All in all a brilliant romantic night and do pay the extra for a superior room, you won't be disappointed. Loved it!!

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my mid week at the mal spa experience which included lunch. I opted for a back massage which was very relaxing and enjoyed 'chilling out' in the relaxation room. We then had lunch after which was gorgeous and we were lucky to be served by heather, who was extremely helpful, tending to our every need. She went out of her way to find out and write down the names of the different suites available as a way of trying to remind my sister which one she had stayed in. The deal was excellent value for money and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for some pampering through the week

• Stayed August 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I recently stayed at the Malmaison in Newcastle and thought it was fantastic! The hotel is located in a perfect location just on the Quayside, the room was very spacious, clean and well decorated. All of the staff were friendly and helpful.

On arrival I received a card in my room welcoming me to the hotel and a secret word to retrieve a free drink at the bar. This was a lovely touch.

The toiletries provided in the bathroom were great and quite sizable.

Breakfast was delicious, a continental option was arranged in a buffet style and any hot food was available at no extra cost to order fresh from the menu which was great.

I very much enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business