Have stayed at Mal several times before. Always greatly enjoyed it! We have stayed in a suite before and even though very nice not really worth the money.
This time we stayed in room 603. WOW! Opened the door to be greated by the Tyne bridge, a spacious room and then through the other window a fantastic view of the Millennium bridge! So a dual aspect room! We had paid £179 for 2 nights (which was a special deal) but enjoyed ourselves so much we decided to stay an extra night which was £115. I would happily pay this if this is the standard rate for that room! I had phoned a week earlier to say could they note on my booking records that I would like a spacious room with a view. So, this may well be a good idea because it certainly paid off!
This room must surely be the best room in the hotel as the views are sensational! I don't think any other rooms in the hotel would have this view as the hotel is overlooked by another building so you may get the view of the Millennium briidge but not the Tyne bridge. I don't even think the suites which are the floor above us would have this view. It really was spectacular!!
The bed was a bit hard and I just mentioned this on leaving and the receptionist advised that if we had mentioned this earlier they could have provided a soft mattress topper. This isn't really a gripe just a suggestion.
There is a Tesco 5 mins walk away just by the Law Courts which is handy for snacks and things! Unless, you want to use the mini-bar!!!
We will definitely be staying again and hopefully in room 603 unless you all read this and fully book it!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fog on the Tyne? Let's hope not. Otherwise you'll miss the great view of the Tyne Bridge you get from our hotel in Newcastle city centre. But then, when you're staying at Malmaison Newcastle, it's the views on the inside that tell you your boat's come in. While you're right at the heart of Newcastle's great shops and exciting nightlife, the lure of MALBAR's legendary cocktails and the Mal Brasserie's classic dishes with a twist is pretty strong. And who wants to spend all night out on the town when one hotel in Newcastle has a whole floor with a shipbuilding theme and bathtubs you could sink a battleship in? It could only be the Newcastle Mal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Malmaison Newcastle Hotel Upon Tyne