There was six of us staying in four rooms for two nights and we had booked two single rooms, a double and an executive. One single got upgraded to a double and ha I g looked at all the rooms, the e e Ito e was no different whatsoever!!!! Don't pay any extra money for this as it was exactly the same as the others that cost £20 less!!!
The hotel is on the quayside and is a brilliant distance for just about everything.
No taxis needed into town - just a 5 minute walk away.
We found the hotel very quiet and clean and it had a nice contemporary but relaxed feel to it.
There were a good brew kit available and nice toiletries in the bathroom that was also a wet room. Fresh towels and restocks every day.
The breakfast was very impressive for the price - loads of continental choices, and a selection of hot meals as well with food being of a good quality, service fast and friendly.
Check in was 12 which is really good for a hotel, and check out was also good at also 12.
We ate out at various places, though the pub round the corner was doing two meals for £8 which were really good quality and value, and the fish and chip shop opposite had lovely chips and curry.
One place definitely NOT to eat was Chase bar on the corner towards the quay. We ordered burgers that took 45 minutes to arrive, came raw, and when we complained were told it was because they were boiled!!!!!! Urggghhh!!! The replacement baguettes we got were not much better and all in all it all took 2 hours!!!! Disgusting place!!!
But all in all a great hotel that's very cheap in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Newcastle’s famous and picturesque Quayside and just an 8 minute walk to the city centre. The hotel occupies a handsome Grade II listed building steeped in history and includes free Wi-Fi, parking and the funky and lively late night bar "Jimmyz" open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays . The city centre plays host to an excellent choice of shopping and also plays host to the Theatre Royal, which brings in talents such as opera North and The Royal Shakespeare Company. The bar is located on the ground level or if it’s dancing you prefer, then look no further than Sea nightclub. The hotel aims to go that extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful stay.Each bedroom has a unique style; the layout of the hotel lends itself to well-appointed rooms with the privacy and intimacy of a boutique hotel. Rooms offer all modern facilities guests would expect plus some rooms have extras such as plasma screen TV and DVD player and air conditioning.At the Waterside staff believe it is important to start the day right with a delicious freshly cooked Full English Breakfast or tasty Continental Breakfast which is served every day from 7:00am – 10:00am Monday – Friday and 8:30am – 10:30am Saturday and Sunday. Although the hotel doesn’t serve lunch or evening meals the immediate area boasts an excellent range of restaurants and cafes in which to enjoy any variety of meal.The famous Jimmyz Bar has been a landmark venue in Newcastle since the major re-development of the Quayside in the early 90’s. The bar has recently had a makeover of its own and this opulent cosmopolitan venue now boasts an extensive cocktail list and the sort of hospitality which makes Newcastle a popular choice.Newcastle and the wider area is made up of a diverse variety of towns, cities, coast and countryside offering a huge selection of things to do whatever your tastes. From relaxing at the coast to soaking up world-class culture in the city centres, from getting back in-touch with nature at a woodland retreat to shopping at Europe’s largest indoor shopping and leisure complex, (Metrocentre). It’s rare to find anywhere so diverse that amazes visitors at every turn with its dialogue between ultra-modern and ancient, with award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture makes up a destination like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Hotel Bed And Breakfast
- The Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne