Very friendly infact lovely staff. Greated by recpetion staff on arrival. Rooms were clean and tidy. Only thing i did not like were the metal cups in room for tea or coffee but thats just me! Beds were nice and soft. Bedding was spotless. No dust at all in rooms. Good value for money. Breakfast was good a cooked full english with soft drinks. Rooms were clean and tidy. Ideal location for newcastle shopping. Loads and loads of bars, resturants and nightlife so ideal base. Free car parking opposite hotel. They have a room after checkout to leave your goods in rooms and then go and do more shopping. Next to the quay. I would strongly reccomend this hotel to anyone. We paid pittance for B&B and got a brilliant service and good honest value for money. Glad we did not pay extra and go to one of the larger chains as i dont think we would of got the warm welcome service we got during our stay. We would deffo be returning back next time we want to go shopping again in newcastle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Newcastle’s famous and picturesque Quayside and just an 8 minute walk to the city centre. The hotel occupies a handsome Grade II listed building steeped in history and includes free Wi-Fi, parking and the funky and lively late night bar "Jimmyz" open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays . The city centre plays host to an excellent choice of shopping and also plays host to the Theatre Royal, which brings in talents such as opera North and The Royal Shakespeare Company. The bar is located on the ground level or if it’s dancing you prefer, then look no further than Sea nightclub. The hotel aims to go that extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful stay.Each bedroom has a unique style; the layout of the hotel lends itself to well-appointed rooms with the privacy and intimacy of a boutique hotel. Rooms offer all modern facilities guests would expect plus some rooms have extras such as plasma screen TV and DVD player and air conditioning.At the Waterside staff believe it is important to start the day right with a delicious freshly cooked Full English Breakfast or tasty Continental Breakfast which is served every day from 7:00am – 10:00am Monday – Friday and 8:30am – 10:30am Saturday and Sunday. Although the hotel doesn’t serve lunch or evening meals the immediate area boasts an excellent range of restaurants and cafes in which to enjoy any variety of meal.The famous Jimmyz Bar has been a landmark venue in Newcastle since the major re-development of the Quayside in the early 90’s. The bar has recently had a makeover of its own and this opulent cosmopolitan venue now boasts an extensive cocktail list and the sort of hospitality which makes Newcastle a popular choice.Newcastle and the wider area is made up of a diverse variety of towns, cities, coast and countryside offering a huge selection of things to do whatever your tastes. From relaxing at the coast to soaking up world-class culture in the city centres, from getting back in-touch with nature at a woodland retreat to shopping at Europe’s largest indoor shopping and leisure complex, (Metrocentre). It’s rare to find anywhere so diverse that amazes visitors at every turn with its dialogue between ultra-modern and ancient, with award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture makes up a destination like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Hotel Bed And Breakfast
- The Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Waterside Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne