“Good value”

The New Northumbria Hotel
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Good value hotel in a lively area of the city. Rooms were clean and a good place for a group stay. Breakfast was nothing special, however the staff were very attentive and it was more than adequate. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GebGooderham
The Northumbria H, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at the New Northumrbia Hotel. Would be great to have known what we could do to improve our breakfast from our guest opinions. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have to say I was disappointed with this hotel. The reception area and the staff were lovely. The lift was not working so the poor receptionist had to manhandle my suitcase up two flights of stairs. She was very apologetic. I was taken to a room on a poky corridor with a psychedelic carpet which looked as if it dated back to the Sixties. The room itself was rather dark ,again with a shabby and not particularly clean carpet. The bathroom was clean and the bed comfortable. The room overlooked the back street and was quiet but I did not get a particularly restful night as my next door neighbour 'turned in' at 2.30 am and then watched the TV for 90 mins-either he/she was deaf or the walls on that corridor are very thin as I could hear every word.
I did not partake of breakfast as I was visiting my daughter in Jesmond. However on the Sunday morning I had to leave early . I got up at 6.30am and wanted a wash but there was only cold water which may have been good for my skin but which I did not particularly appreciate!
I think this is a partygoers' hotel which is in the course of refurbishment and possibly more suited to the younger generation than grumpy middle-aged ladies.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
I'm very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. It does seem that you were placed in one of our standard rooms which are due to be refurbished in the New Year. I'm very sorry to hear that the warm water was not working on the Sunday morning. I will look into this to avoid this happening again. We get a wide variety of guests ranging from all ages, so apologise that the hotel didn't meet your needs. Thank you for your feedback.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have to be totally honest and say that I did book this Hotel with a little trepidation. I wanted to stay on the Osborne Road as my Son lives in Jesmond and we were dining at Jam Jar ...The staff were incredibly friendly at The Hotel and our room was newly refurbished and large and remarkably quiet. We were situated at the far end of the Hotel on the second floor and it was a Tuesday night ...May be different noise levels on busier nights on the Osborne Road.

The lift didn't work and the hot water took a while to reach the other end of the Hotel to where the boiler is situated. An ongoing problem , I understand, but that would not put me off returning to such a friendly and buzzy Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we are very pleased to hear that you would return your custom in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am just recently back from a 2 night stay at this hotel with my boyfriend. Hotel is faultless and would recommend to any friends and family. All of the reception staff are delightful and very pleasant. Always asking if we had a good day and asking what we did that day. We arrived to be told our room had been upgraded from standard to superior and couldn't fault a thing! Will be back to this hotel when we come back to Newcastle, without a doubt! Thanks to everyone at the hotel, we didn't want to go back home!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay and pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the reception staff - they will be so pleased to hear your lovely comments. We look forward to seeing you when your next in Newcastle! Have a great Christmas.
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This Hotel is fantastic Me (Jade Craig) and my partner Duncan McKinnon stayed here from the 13th November 2013 to the 15th November 2013 and we couldn't fault the Hotel at all! The Staff are lovely, welcoming, friendly and so helpful with any enquires, the rooms are lovely, warm, quiet and spotless. The finishing touches they add are lovely it makes the room feel really welcoming and homely as well as relaxing. The bathroom is lovely with a big lighted mirror above the sink (handy for makeup) heated towel rails & a great shower. The Housekeeping even come up to change your bed & give you fresh towels when your out which I thought was really nice. I liked coming into the room with a freshly made bed (it's the small things) I love the location of the Hotel because the Metro is only a ten minute if that walk away & there's a Tesco Metro and Waitrose just up the road from Hotel if you need them! If your thinking of coming to Newcastle you should seriously consider booking here, you won't be disappointed!
Also if you book through Booking.com and phone the Hotel and tell them the prices of your stay, they will match the prices you were given.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks Jade for writing such a lovely review. Its wonderful to hear that you and your partner had a great time during your recent stay and enjoyed what the hotel has to offer. Thank you for recommending us to others. We hope to see you again when you next visit Newcastle. Best wishes.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very friendly hotel in the heart of Jesmond, Newcastle. The room was modern and well presented with a very comfortable bed! Breakfast was cooked to order and good quality. We also enjoyed a fantastic meal at Louis restaurant which uses fresh ingredients to create innovative courses and the friendly staff added to a great night out. Will definitely return!

1 Thank karen b
Wow, what a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Its great that you enjoyed your dining experience at Louis too. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

We hope to see you again soon,

The New Northumbria Hotel Team
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Given a warm welcome from the receptionist who was charming, helpful and cheerful (one of the best I have come across). Room large and modern with all facilities. Supper was very good as was breakfast. Really an excellent hotel for the money

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Eric B
The Northumbria H, Manager at The New Northumbria Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Its great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about the reception staff - customer service is a high importance to us, so its great that you felt the welcoming was one of the best you had come across. We are pleased that you enjoyed your meals here too. We hope to see you again soon.