I stayed at this hotel on the nights of Monday 25th February 2013 and Tuesday 26th February 2013 having booked two separate nights as my business trip had been extended. On arrival at about 3.30pm, I found that the parking for the hotel had to be paid for and was free between 5pm and 8am. The car park was busy on the ground floor and I had to park on thesecond floor. This meany going down to the ground floor to get into the hotel. The car park was to say the least very run down in appearance and the steps leading down stank of urine and appearred very dirty. In the hotel the staff were very helpful and polite though the oevrall feel of the hotel was that it needed repainting in places. The steps leading up from reception has a plastic edging strip missing and this had been taped over with black tape. I unloaded my lugage to the room I had on the third floor (room 351) which is not far from the lift. The first thing I noticed was the mirror in the entrance to the room was broken in the corner. I reported this to reception and was offered another room which I declined as I thought this was the only fault. On staying in the room I found that that tiles in the bathroom were cracked on the floor and along the bath. The shower started well then quickly seemed to run out of pressure and sometimes seemed to go cold. When I tried to turn it off it dripped finally stopping. The electric towel rail in the bathroom did not work as it was not connected and been taped over with black insulation tape. I also noticed that the net curtains had a hole in them and having stayed at other Premier Inn hotels this was probably the worst. I reported this to reception and they did note the room number but it not been fixed when I left. I met a colleague and we had dinner in the hotel restaturant. He had a started which arrived reasonably quickly. The main course we had ordered arrived in about an hour but was cold. Five other guests who arrived after us we served and finished then went. The waitres was very good apologised and did not charge for the main melas as they were cold. Whilst I was checking out another guest complained of noise from the road and asked to be moved. I am sorry to advise on this hotel: If you can stay somewhere else it would be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the beating heart of this lively city, close to intu Eldon Square and Newcastle University ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (New Bridge Street) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Newcastle Central Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Premier Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Travel Inn Newcastle
- Premier Travel Inn Newcastle