Booked two nights at the Rosebery. I appreciated that I got a discount. I also was upgraded on arrival to a room with ensuite. And I got a welcome glass of wine. Its a quirky and characterful establishment. A lot of thought has gone into the decor, with lots of elaborate mirrors and ornaments on every available surface, and painted in bright blues and pinks.
It is in a nice leafy suburb of Newcastle, and once you get there parking was easy and it was pleasant and quiet. However getting at it from the A1058 was a bit tricky! The room was comfortable and the bathroom was good. Breakfast was DIY continental in the room. There was quite a lot to choose from, including croissant, pain au chocolat, instant porridge, blueberry muffin etc and you could make your own ground coffee or herbal tea.
I had done a days walking and was able to rest up and have a snooze before walking about 20 minutes into town, followed by a good nights sleep. The ornate decoration is not quite my taste, but I guess it would be a great place to stay for a girly weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosebery Hotel provides the perfect accommodation for those who are looking for that something special, rather than just a run of the mill chain hotel. The tasteful interior of the hotel provides guests with a relaxing and welcoming feel, in a quiet location, next to Jesmond Dene Park. Our rooms are light, spacious and airy, with high ceilings and charming original detailing. Offering guests free in-room continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, Freeview television, free unrestricted parking and (being only 5 minutes from the city centre) a quick commute into the buzzing city of Newcastle. The Rosebery is also the nearest hotel to the Freeman Hospital, which makes us ideal for relatives of patients or locum staff, who require long term accommodation. The hotel bedrooms have comfortable, good sized beds, a flat screen television with built in DVD, a refrigerator and a seating area for breakfast. Our en suite rooms have fabulous bathrooms, some featuring roll top baths and rainforest showers and our basic rooms share a toilet and bathroom, all very nearby. We do have ground floor rooms available and we cater for vegans & those who have special dietary requirements. For longer term guests we do offer free clothes washing facilities and access to an ironing board, also we can provide use of the hotel's kitchen for use of the microwave. We provide guests who need it, luggage storage and Late and Early Check in's can be arranged with the hotel. The Rosebery is a pet friendly hotel, so if you want to bring your furry friend along, just let us know! We offer great discounts to Commercial groups, contractors, shop fitters, TV and Theatre production companies and the like. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate party groups or Stag/Hen groups. Save up to 30% by BOOKING Direct with the hotel either by phone or via our secure booking system. Third party booking portals charge more! Booking direct is much cheaper! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LateRooms and Hotwire so you can book your Rosebery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosebery Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Rosebery Newcastle Upon Tyne