Stayed at the Rosebery last month after struggling to book in to any of the chain hotels in Newcastle. Arrived with no expectations and couldn't believe our luck. We were given such a warm welcome from the lovely receptionist, who's customer service really couldn't have been better throughout the entire stay.
The hotel is gorgeously decorated, quirky and with a french/luxurious feel. My room was lovely, cosy and the bed was very comfortable.
Just when we thought it couldn't get any better we were invited to have a compliamentary glass of wine in the dining room. And there was the little fly in the ointment - the wine was horrible. Why go to such expense decorating a hotel with ecclectic furniture that scream 'good taste' and then buy the cheapest possible plonk to serve to your guests? This stuff was 8% (8%??) and a silly mistake to make - but easily fixed.
Despite the wine :) from now on the Rosebery will be my first choice when I stay in Newcastle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosebery Hotel provides the perfect accommodation for those who are looking for that something special, rather than just a run of the mill chain hotel. The tasteful interior of the hotel provides guests with a relaxing and welcoming feel, in a quiet location, next to Jesmond Dene Park. Our rooms are light, spacious and airy, with high ceilings and charming original detailing. Offering guests free in-room continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, Freeview television, free unrestricted parking and (being only 5 minutes from the city centre) a quick commute into the buzzing city of Newcastle. The Rosebery is also the nearest hotel to the Freeman Hospital, which makes us ideal for relatives of patients or locum staff, who require long term accommodation. The hotel bedrooms have comfortable, good sized beds, a flat screen television with built in DVD, a refrigerator and a seating area for breakfast. Our en suite rooms have fabulous bathrooms, some featuring roll top baths and rainforest showers and our basic rooms share a toilet and bathroom, all very nearby. We do have ground floor rooms available and we cater for vegans & those who have special dietary requirements. For longer term guests we do offer free clothes washing facilities and access to an ironing board, also we can provide use of the hotel's kitchen for use of the microwave. We provide guests who need it, luggage storage and Late and Early Check in's can be arranged with the hotel. The Rosebery is a pet friendly hotel, so if you want to bring your furry friend along, just let us know! We offer great discounts to Commercial groups, contractors, shop fitters, TV and Theatre production companies and the like. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate party groups or Stag/Hen groups. Save up to 30% by BOOKING Direct with the hotel either by phone or via our secure booking system. Third party booking portals charge more! Booking direct is much cheaper! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Rosebery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosebery Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Rosebery Newcastle Upon Tyne